Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Belarus v England...  (Read 6904 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 16:48:59 »

....think we're in for a tough game tomorrow, a draw is probably acceptable.

I'm a bit worried about left back and centre half, although like most, no fan of Cashley,he is an experienced player in decent form.  The thought of Wayne Bridge takes me back to the visit of Croatia, when Bridge probably gave the most inept display I can ever recall from an England player....playing Lescot there might be a slight improvement , but he's not really international class.

Centre half...Upson might prove up to it, but he's got little big match experience.

Belarus are an improving side, although without Hleb, certainly weakened,  the coach Stange, apparently worked for the Stasi, whilst coach of East Germany in the 80's.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 16:52:32 »

I'm very concerned (well, on the scale of things) that England will go into this over-confident and treat them as another 'small side'. Really need to score early on and make a positive start if we're going to take the points.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 16:57:58 »

the coach Stange, apparently worked for the Stasi, whilst coach of East Germany in the 80's.

There was an article in FourFourTwo I believe... but yes, he was big buddies with the Shield and Sword of the Party.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 17:00:31 »

belarus are very much an improving nation and will do well at home.

im backing them at 9/1. ridiculous price.

officially blacker than the night.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 17:06:59 »

An amazing stat I have read is that if England win, it will be the first time ever that we've won the opening 4 WC qualifying games.

Draw it is then.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 17:15:59 »

Remember when the Belarus first team (minus Hleb again) beat our 'B' team pre-World Cup at the Madejski? Rob Green injured himself and Belarus scored as a result of it. That was fun.

They have plenty of experience including Vitali Kutuzov who is playing in Italy at the moment.

It's England U21 (3) vs. (2) Wales U21 tonight in the second leg of their qualifier... I enjoyed the first game. Proper scrappy cup tie.

The Welsh fans were quite loud. Anti-English chanting always amuses me, especially when 6 of the starting XI were born and raised in England.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:00:51 »

I watched the U21 game....and will watch the return this evening. I considered going to watch the stiffs, but just can't be arsed with the necessary rushing around. 

It's interesting watching to see if any look like they might step up a level. Hart certainly loks a promising keeper
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:04:11 »

I was planning on going to the cinema, but alas the other person can't make it.

They've offered me their ticket for Coogan on Friday though, as can't make that either. Hmmm, decisions.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:07:34 »

I was planning on going to the cinema, but alas the other person can't make it.

They've offered me their ticket for Coogan on Friday though, as can't make that either. Hmmm, decisions.

You been stood up then Si?  Probably just playing hard to get.

Plenty more fish in the sea.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:09:19 »

I watched the U21 game....and will watch the return this evening. I considered going to watch the stiffs, but just can't be arsed with the necessary rushing around. 

It's interesting watching to see if any look like they might step up a level. Hart certainly loks a promising keeper

David Wheater, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Joe Hart are linking up with England after the game. All have been called up by Capello previously though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:10:43 »

You been stood up then Si?  Probably just playing hard to get.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Nah, only a mate, we go quite a lot. It's quite sweet really.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:13:05 »

David Wheater, Gabriel Agbonlahor and Joe Hart are linking up with England after the game.

As you saw, Wheater played right back on  Friday and didn't look too clever.  No doubt Agbonlahor, has talent, but he's a bit raw.  I like the lad Adam Johnson, it's a shame for him that he's a bit like Downing, only better....just means he'll get less games.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:17:00 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:16:23 »

Nah, only a mate, we go quite a lot. It's quite sweet really.

It is quite sweet....I've never really known a bird who I'd say was just a mate, I invariably want to bed them. Can you honestly say hand on heart, you've never had an impure thought?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:28:28 »

It is quite sweet....I've never really known a bird who I'd say was just a mate, I invariably want to bed them. Can you honestly say hand on heart, you've never had an impure thought?

As nice as she is I don't find her attractive. Although alcohol has changed my mind a couple of times. Bad alcohol.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 18:30:18 »

As nice as she is I don't find her attractive. Although alcohol has changed my mind a couple of times. Bad alcohol.

Ah good....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: