Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LCD TV  (Read 6354 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 10:47:17 »

Gold plated means the metal parts have a thin layer of gold on top.

I suspect that if you looked in your jewellery box, at your Elizabeth Duke jewellery, half of it would be gold plated and the other half rolled gold.

I dont even wear gold you minger!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 16:20:28 »

*Bump*

So, my turn...

I've decided it's time to upgrade my tv, I'm not exactly flush and it's only for my bedroom - I don't have an xbox 360 or a ps3 but I dare say I'll invest in a ps3 at some point this year.

I'm not at all arsed about getting an all singing all dancing beheamouth of tv but I suppose I'd like to get the best I can for my money.  Looking to spend about £300 - £350 I suppose and only really want a 32"er.

Any suggestions?

I've been looking today and found this:

http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Samsung_LE32A436T1D_32_Inch_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_LE32A436T1D/version.asp

...which I think suits my needs.  Can anybody who knows owt about this sort of thing let me know if there's anything I should be avoiding at this price range?

I don't expect to be blown away by whatever I get just want something that I can use for the next few years without to many issues.

Cheers. x
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 16:26:40 »

For £350, Tescos are doing the Sony Bravia 32" and IIRC Richer sounds are doing them at £300. Cue parade of people who know what they're talking about explaining why the Bravia's shit. I'd also be interested in any responses - looking along the same lines as KT ie around 300 quid, 32", 720p

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 16:31:35 »

sonys aint shit.panasonic are better though
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 16:32:37 »

normally a tight-arse, i was flabbergasted when my dad went out on boxing day and came back with a 42" LG to replace our 21" Panasonic (15 years old). its a real difference, films are ace on it.

tom how about this jobby:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131916/show_product_reviews

its basically a samsung with a different badge, £50 cheaper if you can cope without the trendy name. its 1080 instead of 720, which is better somehow i'm told.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 16:37:09 »

I had looked at that OF but reading the reviews there is a problem with the remote generally, a bit picky I know but the distance from being in bed to tv is fairly significant and I know it would do my head in.  Also it only has one scart socket which isn't ideal, again a bit picky but those little things are what makes me annoyed...

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 16:40:58 »

i aint really checked prices recently for tv's,but if i couldn't get a panasonic for my budget, a sony would be the next on my list,followed probably by a samsung.for a budget range tv, goodmans lcd tvs are decent and imo better than some bigger name sets(my parents have one)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 16:54:27 »

For £350, Tescos are doing the Sony Bravia 32" and IIRC Richer sounds are doing them at £300.

At that price I'd snap their hand off.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 17:02:09 »

For £350, Tescos are doing the Sony Bravia 32" and IIRC Richer sounds are doing them at £300. Cue parade of people who know what they're talking about explaining why the Bravia's shit. I'd also be interested in any responses - looking along the same lines as KT ie around 300 quid, 32", 720p

Looks like a good LCD TV for the money by all accounts. I haven't seen one in action, but for £350 reports on the net are favourable.  My mum nearly bought one over xmas. OK it's not full 1080 resolution, but on a  32" are you going to tell at more than 3ft away? Almost certainly not. I guess better are available, but generally cost more.

Anyway the Tesco deal is good, but be aware this Bravia is a Tesco exclusive KDL-32U4000 and not a KDL-32V4000. As far as anyone can tell the difference is only cosmetic, but noone seems 100% sure.

Up to a few days ago Amazon were selling the 'V' for £349 with free 3 year warranty. Buggers have upped that to £370 now. No idea how good the 3 year warranty is (not read small print), though it is a Sony offer (via 3rd party).

Richer Sounds seem to have run out online, but seem to have a few instore (see http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct_clearancebargains&pid=SONY-KDL32V4000U) .

M&S who were selling for £349 with free 5 year warranty but no longer available online. Might be worth checking in store M&S if you can - do they even sell TVs in Swindon?

John Lewis is always a sometimes a good choice to buy your TV from. They will price match any in-stock  bricks and mortar seller and provide a free 5 year warranty.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 17:05:17 by Batch » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 17:05:58 »

I had looked at that OF but reading the reviews there is a problem with the remote generally, a bit picky I know but the distance from being in bed to tv is fairly significant and I know it would do my head in.  Also it only has one scart socket which isn't ideal, again a bit picky but those little things are what makes me annoyed...

yeah they say the sound is extra poor too.

picky is good, if you're spending 300 smackers you should get something which you are completely happy with.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 17:11:22 »

Just checked out Richer Sounds on the net, they've a couple of Samsungs on sale at the same sort of price and there's one just round the corner from work - think I'll drop in and see what they've got to say for themselves.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 19:09:38 »

With Richer Sounds the TV's should be set up in-store with the best settings too, unlike Curry's/Comet etc. which are just plugged in and switched on with the default (worst) settings.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 19:25:17 »

What Richer Sounds have you been to Sam? The ones I have been in the salesmen were still useless.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: