Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Here is my rant  (Read 22004 times)
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:08:37 »

Since the Tranmere game, every match has been like 'Groundhog Day' - a re-run of the previous game. I just don't get it - where does the problem lie?  Walking away after the Tranmere game I'd have been pressed to find a Swindon player who hadn't played well.  Since then I'd have been stumped to find one who had played even competently.

Like every other poster, I just cannot figure out what's wrong. Is it a collective loss of form or confidence, poor coaching, lack of individual skill or commitment amongst the playing staff - I just don't know!  The crowds have held up pretty well and have been fairly positive & even the chants of 'Malpas out' didn't start until quite late in the game yesterday. However one thing I do know & that is this cannot continue for much longer.  Changes are needed, either in approach or attitude or personnel and I'm normally amongst the glass half full brigade!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:18:47 »

Since the Tranmere game, every match has been like 'Groundhog Day' - a re-run of the previous game. I just don't get it - where does the problem lie?  Walking away after the Tranmere game I'd have been pressed to find a Swindon player who hadn't played well.  Since then I'd have been stumped to find one who had played even competently.

Like every other poster, I just cannot figure out what's wrong.
Every other poster bar one - lardy knows what the problem is. No drums. And everyone just mocks him
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:21:27 »

I stand corrected. Umm, just how much does a drum cost?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:21:45 »

I have been in the undecided stage for a while, but after that performance then I know think change is inevitable and it has to happen sooner rather than later, we do not have the players for a fight, get caught in a relegation battle and we are screwed.

Malpas has to go now I'm afraid, nice guy that he is something is not right and the buck stops with the manager, a new manager needs to be brought and be given the opportunity to bring in his own backroom staff if he wants to.

This cannot continue if the manager cannot get out of the players the ability they have then give someone else a go.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:25:31 »

Malpas has to go now I'm afraid, nice guy that he is something is not right and the buck stops with the manager, a new manager needs to be brought and be given the opportunity to bring in his own backroom staff if he wants to.

And where does the money come from for this?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:28:18 »

Out of the pockets of our filthy rich owners. They'll lose more in the long term if they don't shell out now.
Spencer_White

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:33:21 »

Out of the pockets of our filthy rich owners. They'll lose more in the long term if they don't shell out now.

Exactly, they bought Cox for £300k and at the moment they would be lucky to get their money back. They wont have the control if a bid comes in, Cox's agent will engineer a move, then he will make mega wonga for someone else. We should be looking at him as a million pound player. Same with McNamee, scouts were watching from everywhere at the start of the season, theyd have to watch a reserve game now. All because our defence is not up to it.

They had a gamble on the shoestring route, its not working and its going to cost them more if they dont appoint some professionals.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:34:55 by Spencer_White » Logged
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:33:57 »

Reg, I guess that there is going to be some serious questioning going on over the next few days.  To replace the manager will cost but won't continuing with a failing team, falling attendances & a real threat of relegation to League 2 also have detrimental effect on the clubs finances?

I would still hope that the current management can effect a change in performance but with a run of home results like we're having, something has got to give surely?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:35:49 »

I think with the current crop league two is a distinct possibility - I actually do think we are that bad at the moment and can't see it getting any better.

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:36:42 »

if fitton is the super prepared man who knows his stuff.then surely he would have realised he may have to fork out compo etc if things dont go to plan on the pitch.
money for the right man is good enough and might be needed. but not for someone like ling.
if fitton doesn't act then stfc will lose a couple of thousand season ticket holders next year for starters
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:37:20 »

And you have some evidence of their readiness to do this? They had an opportunity, what 9/10 months ago and preferred a cheapish option.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:42:34 »

Unfortunetly it is football these things happen  - you have to speculate to accumalate, it has not worked so the club has to agree a pay off, and that includes staff if the new man does not want them I'm sure Cox will be gone come Jan if he keepes scoring like he is so that will pay it back !

The alternative is to say we can't afford to sack him let him destroy any remaining confidence that is left.

Fitton has a 5 year plan, I'm sure that plan does not include relegation - that will cost and set the club back years.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:45:58 »

Unfortunetly it is football these things happen  - you have to speculate to accumalate, it has not worked so the club has to agree a pay off, and that includes staff if the new man does not want them I'm sure Cox will be gone come Jan if he keepes scoring like he is so that will pay it back !

The alternative is to say we can't afford to sack him let him destroy any remaining confidence that is left.

Fitton has a 5 year plan, I'm sure that plan does not include relegation - that will cost and set the club back years.

Fitton said he wants CCC after three years....the alternative as outlined before, for AF, maybe to sack Malpas and use staff already on the pay roll.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:47:26 »

If he doesnt make changes soon then CCC in 3 years is a totally unrealistic ambition.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 15:51:15 »

3 5 10 yr plans fuck that we need a 3 month plan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: