Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Here is my rant  (Read 22003 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 12:56:26 »

Agree Sonic, it's the whole coaching set up, including MM tho, as he is respsonsible for that.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 12:57:24 »

If the alternative is Byrne and Williams then we may aswell stick with MM. I ended up having an argument with the people next to me yesterday as they thought Byrne & Williams should get the job as they 'did well' last time. They are part of the current coaching set-up and therefore obviously do as shit a job as Malpas is. The whole lot just need to fuck off and if they had any self respect they would do, unfortunately they know their unlikely to get a similar job anywhere else so will just stick around and continue to fuck us up.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, to get rid of the lot and bring in a whole new team will cost appprox half a mil, now clearly the club can't afford that, so it would have to be paid fro out of the pocket of the Board members.  They may want to do that I've no idea, but equally they may not fancy it, and prefer a cheaper alternative,

Again as pointed out elsewhere in his early days, Madejski on losing his dour Scot, McGee, appointed joint player managers...Quinn and Gooding, had it not been a strange season with only 2 up, they would have got automatic to the Prem.

There would be a cost to paying off MM....but nothing as expensive as a new broom.

Byrne/williams could then be supplemented by upgrading Bodin and maybe bringing someone like Nalis into the coaching set up.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 12:59:43 »

Fuck that Reg, why would getting rid of MM and promoting all the current coaching staff change things for the better?

I appreciate what you're saying about the financial side of things but, jeez your idea there is not the answer.
sonic youth

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:02:17 »

i would be quite alarmed if fitton wasn't prepared to wield the broom at a hefty cost for the improvement of this football team. if he wants to run this club as a business, he needs to stop it from failing first.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:05:37 »

Fuck that Reg, why would getting rid of MM and promoting all the current coaching staff change things for the better?

I appreciate what you're saying about the financial side of things but, jeez your idea there is not the answer.

I'm not suggesting it is the answer, merely that pragmatic businessmen, and I used Madejski as an example, may not want to shoulder the cost themselves, and so seek a viable alternative. 

If you fall out of the Prem, then clearly there is a cost, if you fall out of L1, it may not outweigh the cost of wholesale change and therefore from a business point of view might not matter so much.

Don't forget our present Board live in the real world.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:10:53 »

i would be quite alarmed if fitton wasn't prepared to wield the broom at a hefty cost for the improvement of this football team. if he wants to run this club as a business, he needs to stop it from failing first.

If he wants to run it as a business, he must ensure outgoings as far as possible don't excede incomings.

Clearly replacing a whole management team is a significant cost...
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:13:05 »

Agree Sonic, it's the whole coaching set up, including MM tho, as he is respsonsible for that.
In what way is Malpas is responsible for the whole coaching setup? He was given the job on the understanding that he worked with the existing coaching setup.

My feeling is that I've seen little wrong with Malpas's tactics or use of players, but if Fitton has faith in his ability and wants to keep him, he's got to support him by employing a serious defensive coach with a track record.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:15:17 »

I'm glad you gave us a little spoiler tonight. It would have been difficult to find tomorrow in with all the Malpas out, P.Smith is shit, Brez is better, Jack Smith isnt a left back, Kevin Amankwaah is rubbish, Ifil is stupid, Aljofree is usless, JPM is a waste of space, Nalis is slow, Timlin cant pass, Easton was well of the pace, McNamee didnt touch the ball, start Marshall, Paynter is a donkey, Cox is too arrogant, Malpas got the tactics wrong, what does adie williams actually do, byrne moves his arms too much, Malpas out, why didnt Corr play, Peacock is past it, hurry back Kanyuka, when is Vincent fit, Bring Back Parkin, not paying my second installment, Ian Holloway would be better, I'm never going again, no fight threads.....

Why is Brez is better crossed out.

Thought he was pretty pants yesterday and got caught in no mans land twice.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:15:31 »

Because the coaches are working under MM's management, we all well aware of the circumstances surrounding MM's appointment.  The buck stops with the manager and all that (and the chairman for that matter).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:20:33 »

Why is Brez is better crossed out.

Thought he was pretty pants yesterday and got caught in no mans land twice.

It's crossed out cos Brez isn't better innit.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:22:49 »

It's crossed out cos Brez isn't better innit.

fair enough.
Spud

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 13:57:50 »

I have refrained from jumping on the "sack malpas" bandwagon for too long

I upped and left at 4.30 yesterday, disgusted at what I was being forced to endure

In all my 34 years of watching the Town, I have witnessed my fair share of bad teams being led by clueless managers, but I have to admit this current regime tops them all I am afraid.

The turning point for me came when I looked across at him at 3-0 down and he was just laid against the dugout with out what looked like a care in the world.

I expected him to be out in the technical area trying to spur the players on at least, but nothing. Nada. Zilch. Fuck all !

I am afraid mate your tenure has come to an end.

Get the fuck out of my club and take Byrne and Williams with you

Just fuck off

End

I know you weren't happy at half time. Smiley
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 14:26:18 »

I have refrained from jumping on the "sack malpas" bandwagon for too long

I upped and left at 4.30 yesterday, disgusted at what I was being forced to endure

In all my 34 years of watching the Town, I have witnessed my fair share of bad teams being led by clueless managers, but I have to admit this current regime tops them all I am afraid.

The turning point for me came when I looked across at him at 3-0 down and he was just laid against the dugout with out what looked like a care in the world.

I expected him to be out in the technical area trying to spur the players on at least, but nothing. Nada. Zilch. Fuck all !

I am afraid mate your tenure has come to an end.

Get the fuck out of my club and take Byrne and Williams with you

Just fuck off

End

Yes Yes  Well Said

Another thing that pisses me off, is this idea of putting everyone in the box when defending corners.
FFS leave one or two men up, if you do that the opposition have to leave men back to mark them.

Malpas appears to have the tactical nous of a Murray Mint (perhaps that's what the MM on his kit really stands for)
Spencer_White

« Reply #118 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 14:29:37 »

As I've pointed out elsewhere, to get rid of the lot and bring in a whole new team will cost appprox half a mil, now clearly the club can't afford that, so it would have to be paid fro out of the pocket of the Board members.  They may want to do that I've no idea, but equally they may not fancy it, and prefer a cheaper alternative,

Again as pointed out elsewhere in his early days, Madejski on losing his dour Scot, McGee, appointed joint player managers...Quinn and Gooding, had it not been a strange season with only 2 up, they would have got automatic to the Prem.

There would be a cost to paying off MM....but nothing as expensive as a new broom.

Byrne/williams could then be supplemented by upgrading Bodin and maybe bringing someone like Nalis into the coaching set up.

End of the day, it was Fitton who wanted this set up and sometimes you have to back up your own decisions and take responsibility for your own mistakes.

Besides, they didnt spend a lot on the management when they came in? The facts speak for themselves, when we have brought in big names we have got big wonga back in compensation, Todd (snigger), Wise, Sturrock. When weve had lower key managers weve ended having to pay them off, King, Iffy, Malpas. There seems to be more money in manager moves than players at our level.

We need someone who will come in, give us some top class coaching with their own team and generally turn the place upside down. Were in so much trouble that I think even someone like Calderwood or Ling would be too much of a risk. We need someone who's been there, seen it done it.

Its a slippery slope that League 2 Reg, look how long it took Rovers to get out of it? And they had been top of the old div 2 the season before they were relegated. League 2 gets worse ever year as well.

At least the players will have plenty of humility for whoever comes in now they look totally destroyed and need rescuing (except for Cox that is).
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 14:31:12 by Spencer_White » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 14:52:57 »

FFS leave one or two men up, if you do that the opposition have to leave men back to mark them.

Even with the entire 11 in the box we seem to somehow allow the opposition space on the edge of the area. Must have conceeded 2 or 3 times from that.

Sturrock deployed the same system and it used to wind me up then as well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: