Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Peacock  (Read 7622 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 07:34:54 »

I know a lot of people love the bloke, and I know some don't... I was a big fan of Peacock in his first year or so here but when it became clear he wasn't scoring enough goals I started getting a bit sceptical, then with the central midfielders we were signing last season I thought he wouldn't last long. I slated him a bit at the start of this season, he looked awful.

Fair play to the bloke, he's received rave ratings from everyone since moving back into midfield and seems to have something we've been missing. His attitude on the pitch, as well as the things he's been saying off of it have really changed my mind on him. IMO he should be given the captains armband, permanently.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 07:39:03 »

Its impossible to agrue with Peacock being made captain. Has the ideal infectious personality and will to win that a good captain should have.

Take note Hasney.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 07:48:41 »

Did i hear right that Malpas said last night that the Cock is still primarily a striker in his eyes?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 07:50:30 »

I've always rated Peacock as a midfielder. As people have said, his workrate is unbelievable and the guy just keeps running, tackling and breaking up play. He also adds a lot to set pieces with his heading capability - both attacking and defending.

If he could be guaranteed a long run in the team then I'd have no problem with giving him the captains armband.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 07:50:48 »

Did i hear right that Malpas said last night that the Cock is still primarily a striker in his eyes?

I hope not. Peacs has usually looked good in midfield. He hasn't usually looked good upfront...

It's All Good..............
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 07:59:33 »

I think Peacocks future is as a midfielder who knows where the goal is when needed...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 08:46:37 »

Its impossible to agrue with Peacock being made captain. Has the ideal infectious personality and will to win that a good captain should have.

Take note Hasney.

Agreed. I've changed my mind on him this season. At Cheltenham he looked well off the pace and unfit. I certainly wouldn't have put him in the first team either up front or midfield. I knew he had the personality I didn't think he had the legs any more. I was wrong. I hope there are others who will also prove me wrong. Well done peacs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 08:52:00 »

That's what the man said Sad
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:16:26 »

[smug]I've been saying put him in midfield for weeks now[/smug]

He's just got the right attitude. He doesnt give up and will battle for everything. I also think hes a very good passer of the ball but it often goes un noticed.

I hope he takes an interest in the youth team and the young players because he is the type of player they should be looking up to.

Obviously football is mainly about talent but having the right attitude helps a great deal as well.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 11:22:24 »

well done to him for being patient and rising to the challenge when the club desperatly needed him to.
deserves to keep his place in centre mid where it was obvious he is best deployed.both he and malpas need to accept this.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 12:30:09 »

I agree with DV. Peacock's attitude is what impresses me the most. Always worth having him at least on the bench. I don't rate him upfront though.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 12:44:30 »

Agree with all the above - midfield seems to be where he plays best now.

And he seems to want to play for THIS club, whereas some of our players don't seem to give a toss about Swindon, as long as they get paid.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Dozno9

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 12:48:47 »

Agree with all the above - midfield seems to be where he plays best now.

And he seems to want to play for THIS club, whereas some of our players don't seem to give a toss about Swindon, as long as they get paid.

Spot on, he always seems that he wants to play for the club and always gives his all. I would love to see JPM tethered to Peacock for a game, he would be fooked.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 12:54:44 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1415703,00.html

top man!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 13:05:09 »

Do you think if I died any players would come to my funeral?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: