Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: on the basis that....  (Read 10312 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:06:08 »

calderwood gets sacked from forest, who wants him here?

do we want him coz he was a legend as a player here? or coz he is a good manager? or just to get us fans semi-excited about something again after almost not having a club to support?

Have to say I'm on the fence about this one although I do think he'd do a better job than MM.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:08:25 »

No.

He took a good couple of years to get both Forest and Northampton promoted with the biggest budget in the division supposedly.

Plus, he's due for the sack so he isnt going very well in the Championship despite again having money to spend.

He'll be given a chance here by the fans because hes a Swindon Legend but no doubt we'd turn on him if results didnt go our way.

I think there are better managers out there.
sonic youth

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:09:17 »

legend as a player, still not convinced with him as a manager.

i'd rather have ling if we had an ex-player, he's worked with little money and plays football. calderwood has been backed financially by the boards at both northampton and forest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:09:29 »

I have to say I don't get the logic that because someone used to play for us that will make him a better manager for us. If nothing else it's insulting to the manager - implies that Calderwood, Ling et al aren't doing the best they can at their current clubs and somehow would only find that extra 5% (or whatever) if they were managing a club they used to play for.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:09:48 »

he is a legend as a player.i'd not be gutted if he came here, but i'm not convinced it would be for the best.if it went tits up, then it would sour all the greatness he was a major part of.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:10:43 »

ling has done fuck all imo to warrant him coming here.ditto nihjolt
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:11:50 »

I have to say I don't get the logic that because someone used to play for us that will make him a better manager for us. If nothing else it's insulting to the manager - implies that Calderwood, Ling et al aren't doing the best they can at their current clubs and somehow would only find that extra 5% (or whatever) if they were managing a club they used to play for.

Of course both Calderwood and Ling have played for Nottm Forest and Leyton Orient respectively....
sonic youth

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:12:10 »

ling has done fuck all imo to warrant him coming here.ditto nihjolt
he's done as much as calderwood. orient are punching above their weight, forest are still - arguably - underachieving.

at the end of the day i don't really want any ex-players in charge.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:13:16 »

he's done as much as calderwood. orient are punching above their weight, forest are still - arguably - underachieving.

at the end of the day i don't really want any ex-players in charge.

neither do i.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:14:38 »

calderwood gets sacked from forest, who wants him here?

do we want him coz he was a legend as a player here? or coz he is a good manager? or just to get us fans semi-excited about something again after almost not having a club to support?

Have to say I'm on the fence about this one although I do think he'd do a better job than MM.

It's a good question...my initial feeling is that as a man with two promos at lower league level, he'd fit the bill....throw in his legendary status as a player, and it's a seductive combination.

Nevertheless, his contract situation, if sacked might throw up complications and there  isn't a vacancy here yet.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:17:23 »

neither do i.

really? i'd love kammy to quit tv and become our boss
JPC82

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:17:57 »

id have Calderwood here in a heart beat
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:18:05 »

It's a good question...my initial feeling is that as a man with two promos at lower league level, he'd fit the bill....
But as sonic pointed out, both achieved with massive spending. He might fit the bill, but would Fitton foot the bill? (See what I did there?)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 16:19:08 »

It's a good question

maybe it would have been a hard enough question to put in the quiz eh reg?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 17:05:26 »

maybe it would have been a hard enough question to put in the quiz eh reg?!

A CC question would have been nice....like when CC made his WC finals debut in 98, who was he required to mark?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: