Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tonights result  (Read 9059 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #45 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:07:09 »

i can categorically state that it wasn't me.

Obviously I could be wrong... I just have a feeling it could've been.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:17:13 »

One more thing Rich - was it just the defence or should we have shut up shop more effectively at 3-1 up? I hesitate to ask this tbh because I always hate it when we try to shut up shop, as we're not very good at it, but there's some games where if you can, just closing it down is the right thing to do, others where that's always going to leave you exposed and under pressure
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:20:11 »

was it just the defence or should we have shut up shop more effectively at 3-1 up? I hesitate to ask this tbh because I always hate it when we try to shut up shop, as we're not very good at it, but there's some games where if you can, just closing it down is the right thing to do, others where that's always going to leave you exposed and under pressure

There were a couple of moments when the defenders were trying to casually walk the ball out and were making a hell of a mess of it... We're not good at shutting up shop, you're right... and we showed it again this evening.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:31:49 by Rich Pullen » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:28:35 »

Cheers Rich. Well, bollocks. I'm going to show at least I can shut up shop by going to bed.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:36:25 »

Tbh even if you're shit at shutting up shop you shouldn't be losing a 3 goal lead in the second half.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #50 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:41:26 »

Tbh even if you're shit at shutting up shop you shouldn't be losing a 3 goal lead in the second half.

... we conceded immediately after the third which was bloomin' typical... I then got a call for HSBC fraud department to tell me my card had been copied by some scumbag or whatever, so that 10-15 minutes was missed by me as I was on the phone.

We seemed like we were coping with the pressure but then that soft, soft free kick went in and that was that, it was always going to happen.

What saddens me is that some of our fans almost looked smug when they equalised as if they wanted it to go in so they could have a go. Meh. It's hard to analyse as I think I'm still a little shocked
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, October 3, 2008, 23:44:51 »

Yeah it's always easier to analyse the next day when you have been to the game. A draw is a good result just not in the circumstances. We just lack confidence at the moment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 00:23:29 »

At 2-0 I went down the pub at half time...my prediction we'd lose 3-2, so I'm well pleased with a draw.  First away hat trick from a Town player since 95/96 so congrats to Coxy.

He joins the likes of Kevin Horlock, Dave Mitchell, Chalkie White, Duncan Shearer, Alan Mayes, Peter Noble, and Dennis (Bullets) Brown

JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 06:23:35 »

did anyone seriously believe at 0-3 we would win the game---shame on you
flammableBen

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 08:22:00 »

did anyone seriously believe at 0-3 we would win the game---shame on you

Yep I did. Sounded like we were playing well.

Sounds like you're quite satisfied that we didn't win?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 08:32:07 »

At 2-0 I went down the pub at half time...my prediction we'd lose 3-2, so I'm well pleased with a draw.  First away hat trick from a Town player since 95/96 so congrats to Coxy.

He joins the likes of Kevin Horlock, Dave Mitchell, Chalkie White, Duncan Shearer, Alan Mayes, Peter Noble, and Dennis (Bullets) Brown

When it went to 1-3 I did a Marge Simpson kind of "hmmmmmmmmmmm" and just prayed that we would not concede a second...at 2-3 I knew we were not going to hold on. There was no doubt in my mind at all..well maybe just a little but you know after all these years that it's just too much to hope for. No

Fiar play to Cox though. I hope we get decent money for him.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 09:16:07 »

After throwing away a 3-0 lead, surely we should have sent Chalky White on.

Just a thought.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 11:59:58 »

After throwing away a 3-0 lead, surely we should have sent Chalky White on.

Just a thought.

Never a bad idea - he's probably still be the fittest at the club.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, October 4, 2008, 13:20:39 »

Who was that then? Im intrigued.

My money is Hertha the hooligan

Same here, such a troublemaker.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 19:53:30 »

Some fans, mention no names, were singing 'malpas is a tosser' whilst we were winning the game. I didn't feel the need to join in.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: