Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGM - 25th October 11am  (Read 4346 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 11:46:13 »

Obviously this has been known for a while, and also the meeting is shareholders only.

For those interested AF has published an introduction and the club accounts (05-07) are available from the OS are available here  (click on links for PDF)

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1409747,00.html

---------------------
Not sure there is anything we didn't already know, but when people wonder why we didn't "spend big" then the £1.8m loss for last year is a good indicator!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 12:16:03 »

Not that I want to go or anything but what happened with the Prospect buy a share thing? I think Paul D said something about it having been sorted ive never had any proof of this.If I wanted to go this meeting what would I have to do,how do I prove Im a share holder?

Sie Pie did you get anything?

/
W56196272
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 12:20:53 »

I got my share Yeovil. Ages ago......

It's All Good..............
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 12:22:31 »

Oh ,I wonder if I did but forgot.

/
W56196272
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 12:33:45 »

Not that I want to go or anything but what happened with the Prospect buy a share thing? I think Paul D said something about it having been sorted ive never had any proof of this.If I wanted to go this meeting what would I have to do,how do I prove Im a share holder?
AFAIK, Yeovil, all the share certs were sent out some time ago - in fact, I think I was the last one to get mine. As a shareholder, I believe you should be sent an invitation to the AGM anyway and if not, you should be able to give your name, address etc on the door so they can check it off against the register. But it's a reasonable question, I'll ask.

Like you'll be up in time to go to it anyway ;-)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 12:53:18 »

Watkins was on RS this morning and mentioned that the losses were at £2m from previous years acounts before Fitton & Co got involved.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 13:13:53 »

I haven’t had an invite to the AGM yet but got the shares through ages ago. It may be that I missed a letter, I do have loads of unopened letters which I have assumed to be junk. One of my weekend jobs to go through all of them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 13:23:54 »

I haven’t had an invite to the AGM yet but got the shares through ages ago. It may be that I missed a letter, I do have loads of unopened letters which I have assumed to be junk. One of my weekend jobs to go through all of them.
I believe it's 14 days notification period for AGMs under the club rules and there may not even be a requirement to notify people via post (ie publicly posted notice on website, in local press etc may be sufficient). Hence why I said "I believe you should be sent"... ie they might not have to send them out and may choose not to
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 13:43:12 »

Does any of you lot know who to contact about these?

I was sent one cetificate for 2 shares and what i really wanted was 2 certificates of one share each (one in my name and one in my old mans). I have also moved house since they were sent so may need to inform them of this to get my invite...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 13:48:28 »

Does any of you lot know who to contact about these?
In the first instance, just ring the main switchboard at the club. They won't be able to answer your question immediately I wouldn't have thought, but they'll be able to direct the enquiry in the right direction
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 13:49:51 »

Cheers Pauld. Was gonna do this as a last resort but thought someone might be "in the know" as it were.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 16:22:16 »

Yeah well anyway I had a nosey through the accounts and couldn't understand much of it but did see that we got £500k up front for both Tozer and Lukas.

Suckers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 17:48:43 »

Yeah well anyway I had a nosey through the accounts and couldn't understand much of it but did see that we got £500k up front for both Tozer and Lukas.

Suckers.

Yes, Fitton makes mention of it in his intro

In August 2007 the Club sold Lucas Jutkiewicz to Everton for a sum of £500,000 rising to circa £1m, dependent on performance, and in January 2008 the Club sold Ben Tozer to Newcastle United for a sum
of £500,000 again rising to £1m dependent on performance.

Although shareholders and fans may wish for the Club to hold on to its young assets, it is part of the modern game of football that clubs take the opportunity to realise the value that is represented in some
of their younger players when the opportunity arises. At Swindon Town we will continue to invest in our Centre of Excellence and youth policy in order to achieve both the strengthening of our senior playing
squad and to harvest the financial rewards that result from producing successful young players whohave the ability to play football at the highest level.
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 17:52:56 »

Is this right?

The average number of persons employed by the Company, including Directors, during the year was
as follows:-
Number Number
Playing and coaching staff 59
Administration 116
Selling 107

So we payed the wages of 223 people who were not on footballing side of Swindon Town?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 17:58:55 »

Fair amount of them will be selling beers, burgers etc. Guess that would come under Selling but how do we have 116 under Administration?!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: