Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bodin's Youngster's  (Read 8702 times)
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 13:56:59 »

Oh forgot to mention i think there was a scout their from the scummers,I only know this because he was writing notes down,and had the nerve to have a tracksuit top on with their badge on it.

« Last Edit: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 13:59:38 by Russ STFC » Logged
JPC82

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 14:00:54 »

to be fair Russ Jake should stand out playing in todays game, hes a pro playing youth football, some of the players today were over 2 years younger.
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 14:07:18 »

to be fair Russ Jake should stand out playing in todays game, hes a pro playing youth football, some of the players today were over 2 years younger.

Thanks JPC i dont know much about the youths to be honest,Him bodin and macklin stood out,and the guy wearing number 12 who came on for macklin,sorry i dont know his name.

how old is jake ?
JPC82

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 14:08:16 »

Jake is a 1st year pro so coming up 19 if not 19 already, where as Lloyd was only 17 in August
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 14:11:07 »

Thanks JPC.

I wish they played at the CG more often.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 15:33:35 »

I also went along and watched this.

Firstly as stupid as it sounds, it was nice to watch a game with no noise. I could hear everything the players and manager said. Good insight.

Swindon passed the ball around well, simple but effective for the most part held shape and worked the ball across the pitch well. After going in 3-0 at half time I think for alot of the second half all the Town youngsters wanted too many touches and too much time on the ball.

Special mention to Billy Bodin who's voice has not broken yet (how old is he looks & sounds about 12) so his calls for the ball were so high pitch it amused me.

Mark Scott didnt really have much to do but his handling was good

Number 2 'ells' looks alright, good on the ball caught out position a few times, slow to get back certain in the second half

Andy Westall looked really good at centre back. I've seen him play a few times at right back but hes come on loads and looks bigger built. Strong in the air and good with the football. Wasnt his most challenging challenge but did well.

Will Evans next to him was very much the same but some of his distribution was a bit erratic.

Number 3 Jack (winter is it?) looked good but very much not a right back. Really good on the ball and got forward alot.

Lloyd Macklin looked handy final ball was a bit hit and miss and reminds me alot of Christian Roberts. This kids got talent I just hope he has a good attitude because he strikes me as the type of kid who will either make it or screw himself over with a poor attitude.

Kurt Hammods (I think it was him wearing 6) did alright on the middle but dont think the midfield two had alot to do passing was tidy.

Same really for number 8.

Billy Bodin looked good but tiny. As said above he looks 12. Unless he is 12 or has a serious growth spurt he will struggle to make it for being small. Sad, looked quality esp in the first half good running, good crossing. Good passing unlucky to hit the post. Second half he was so good, wanted too much time on the ball and missed some good chances. Nice to see him get a goal at the end though. Probably should have had a few more

Number 9, no idea who he was but looked pretty good, his through ball to Macklin for the first goal was bloody ace. Took his header well to.

Jake Hyde did really well, plays really well with his back to goal. His control is fantastic took his goal well could have had a few more. Troubled NZ all game. If anything looked like the target man we dont have but use Billy Paynter as.

Subs.

12 Barnes did alright. Got alot of the ball but I dunno didnt seem to have the pace or the crossing ability to be a winger but im sure its early days.

14 was so hit and miss I thought, one minute he'd played a great pass next he'd give the ball away. Looked better after his goal.

16 over on the far side really did see any of the ball second half and did very little when he had it

sub goal keeper looked ok but not really tested.

Hyde looked good but as its been said hes a pro the others arent. I thought Westall, Macklin and Bodin stood out just a little bit more so than the others.

On another note Ben Joyce I would have thought he'd be playing, he's still young enough right? I guess he played for the reserves last night instead?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 15:39:03 »

hahahaha so billys balls still aint dropped? i noticed his high pitched squeeling last season.he's at least 16 and may be 17 now.
seriously. if he can cope that level of football without growing properly yet, then surely he should only get better?
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 15:41:44 »

Nice post DV you seem to have a decent knowledge of our youngsters,I was dissapointed there was no team sheet,so it was awkward for me to know who was who.

Any idea what happened to their lad who was stretchered off he looked in a lot of pain,I was towards the townend so couldt really see a lot.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 15:45:52 »

I was sat pretty much in the middle.

For the last 15 minutes a guy who looked in pain in the New Zealand tracksuit came and sat near me. He looked like the player who had gone off injured but I could be wrong. He looked in pain but nothing too bad.

Could be wrong though.

I know some of the names from the FA Youth Cup games from the team sheet other names I just guessed by the shouts to be honest.

Billy Bodin is a good player at that level is fine but fully grown men will tower over him. He just looks so young. Everyone grows at different rates so he might hit a spurt at 18 but as arriba put so tactfully his balls hasnt dropped and if hes really 17 that surprises me.

My voice deeping was the last thing to happen but that happened way before 16/17!!

You might have seen me walk in, horrible tatty grey hoody and jeans!
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 15:55:35 »

Yeah i think seen you,you was sat down the front yeah ? I was higher up towards the townend row L wearing a black shiny type addidas jacket,I was easy to spot i was on crutches, Your point about hyde summed him up well,I was thinking the same thing' just the type of partner coxy could do with.   
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 15:59:11 »

Nah, I was sat pretty much smack bang in the middle. Although I did see you hobbling out on your crutches at the end!
Rustle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 16:05:49 »

Sure i saw you come in tho unless someone else had a grey hoody aswell.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 16:11:47 »

DV you could have made an effort!  Wink the lady of your dreams could have been at that game?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 16:13:45 »

I had a shave on Monday thats effort for me!

I came straight from my meeting with my accountant and didnt pick up a top and the grey hoody just happened to be in the car!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 18:03:22 »

Chav!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: