Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Two new signings....  (Read 4474 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 16:37:10 »

I should work at the Adver after reading today's stories and my posts last night!

Adver would indicate it’s Bolton and possibly both players I have mentioned who have been on loan at Wycombe and Bury respectively.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 19:54:21 »

i rekon your right dazza
Dazzza

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 12, 2005, 11:32:38 »

Confirmed, from today's Adver...

BOLTON Wanderers’ Ricky Shakes has confirmed he is in talks with Swindon Town ­ and Reebok Stadium colleague Charlie Comyn-Platt could join him at the County Ground.

The 20-year-old impressed during a reserve game for Town earlier this week and a deal looks likely to be completed once manager Andy King returns from holiday.

Shakes can play up front, but has converted to an attacking wide role.

First team opportunities have been limited for Shakes and he has made only one start in the last four years.

Central defender Comyn-Platt, 19, had a spell on loan at Wycombe Wanderers last season.

He is a product of the Bolton youth system.

However, it looks like King will have to see off competition in order to clinch the deal for Shakes.

The Londoner impressed Bury boss Graham Barrow during a loan spell last year, netting twice, although the Gigg Lane manager accepts that Town are favourites to complete a deal.

He said: “Swindon are also interested in him now and he’s from London so he may want to move closer to home.”

Reserve team boss Alan Reeves confirmed after Monday’s second string win at Swansea that the club would be taking another look at the player in pre-season.

The youngster is heading off on holiday shortly and will join a Trinidad and Tobago training camp as part of his break.

A source close to Bolton Wanderers said: “Ricky hasn’t had too many opportunities at the club but he has greatly impressed Graham Barrow during his time with Bury.

“He is rated very highly.”

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 12, 2005, 11:41:36 »

you're psychic daz Cool
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 12, 2005, 11:46:20 »

dazza knows it all. what players are being released and where they are heading
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print