Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Timmmmmmeh!!!!!  (Read 2565 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 09:04:34 »

Not impressed with Timlin's comments in the Adver today, saying he had an eye on the Leeds match when he played against Hereford on Friday.  We should be taking each match equally, there's only 3 points available in each match no matter who we play.

Not impressed Timmmeh!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 09:07:45 »

He's just telling the truth Jan. All the players will be looking forward to playing Leeds.

He played well on Friday, don't think his desire to play against Leeds affected his performance.
Players want to play some teams more than others, just as fans want to see their side play some teams more than others.

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 09:10:13 »

The annoying thing for the fans and the management for that matter though is that for the first 45 against Colchester we looked like a non league outfit, yet against the "bigger" clubs we up our game and look decent.  Must be so frustrating for MM and DB to be in charge of these inconsistant b'stards.
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 09:14:02 »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cb/New_Statesman-rick.jpg?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 09:17:28 »

Alaaaaaaaaaaan!!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 09:17:35 »

B
The annoying thing for the fans and the management for that matter though is that for the first 45 against Colchester we looked like a non league outfit, yet against the "bigger" clubs we up our game and look decent.  Must be so frustrating for MM and DB to be in charge of these inconsistant b'stards.

But the very reason they're league one players is because they're inconsistant. How many times do higher league opposition struggle in cup games against lower league sides? If they were consistant they wouldn't be at Swindon.....

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 09:29:00 »

True to a certain extent but not all league one players stay as league one players, some do go on to greater things.  I do get your point but I don't buy the "once a league 1 player always a league 1 player" attitude.  You could in fact look far greater a player by outclassing the likes of Hereford and co each week, than playing alright against Leeds and losing - look at Ronaldo in the champions league plays very well in the "lesser" games but doesn't set the world alight against the top brass, yet he is loved by millions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 13:06:10 »

"Just telling the truth" doesn't make it OK. He may not have intended it to, but it sounded like they try harder against the big clubs.  I am not going to go off on one but if we fall just short of the playoffs then they will  have cheated themselves and us.

I guess it is a bit hypocritical of me, seeing as we are expecting 12k fans for this one compared to 7k for Col U. Damn it, two rongs don't make a write.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 13:43:46 »

Could it not be read as we tried harder against Hereford to make sure of a place against Leeds?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 14:26:11 »

Got to say i really havnt been impressed with Timlin up to now,i really thaught he would be our star man after seeing some of his performances for Fulham reserves,thats not to say hes played bad but not really took games by the scruff of the neck as i thaught he would.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 14:41:24 »

Drop the fucker and play Easton in the middle.

Marshall on the right.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 15:58:48 »

If we ever start a game with Mcnamee and Marshall we'll get slaughtered, in my opinion - their general defensive nous and covering back is sketchy to say the least.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 16:15:06 »

we'll win 6 - 4!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 17:12:58 »

WTF is all this one eye on Leeds all about? Playing Leeds is no different to playing anyone else in this league.
Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 19:09:33 »

They obviously havent had enough of loosing to Leeds yet then.

Some of the players interviews this season have been a joke. I dont know if Cryer just picks out the bits that will wind us up or whether the players have an attitude problem? Certainly would explain a lot of our underachievement. Malpas was clearly pissed off with the attitude after Aldershot.

Wind your neck in chaps and get to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: