Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: i get the best jobs  (Read 8206 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 11:07:59 »

Bloody mail centre staff are always on strike!

I'm dreading it when our mail arrives from Swindon mail centre when Oxford closes.

We were briefed on friday morning about Swindon walking out, whats going on exactly?

Swindontown Dave told me that he doesnt want to work or talk to Oxford or Reading fans.
True story, he told me at MK last week.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 11:54:34 »

Depends on the job.  If you work in a job where you need to cover a position for an amount of time (say in a shop) then working to time is what you do.  If you work in a job where you need to achieve something (like delivering letters) then you work until the task is completed.  Provided you are doing the job properly and not just emptying your sack in the box of the young lady at number 69 and going home, that should be fine.  Most jobs can be sorted out in to working to time or working to task.  I always work to task, my bosses have always known that I'll complete the work on time and accurately however late I need to work, but equally if I finish early, I'll do nothing.  Sounds to me like the Royal Mail management are being twats.

If you are finsihing your "task" early then your "task" is to easy for the alotted time therefore I would make your "task" longer so that you worked your fucking hours! It is called be effiecent and getting the most out of lazy people who wanna get paid eight hours pay for 6 hours work. however know doubt the unions lefty twats would call it slave driving.

If we ever face a national crisis ie war etc we are gonna be fucked your gonna have all the lefty union gimps saying no can't do that not in our contract no no we didn't do it that way etc etc etc lazy cunts.

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 12:32:20 »

GFM...there were a couple of points raised further back down the thread, for you to answer, in the interests of open debate, you have failed to do so...this may be because you can't be arsed or, have no answers....either way, it does lay you open to accusations of being a typical right wing demagogue...shout often and loud enough any old bollockss and someone, somewhere might be stupid enough to listen.
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 14:39:38 »

GFM...there were a couple of points raised further back down the thread, for you to answer, in the interests of open debate, you have failed to do so...this may be because you can't be arsed or, have no answers....either way, it does lay you open to accusations of being a typical right wing demagogue...shout often and loud enough any old bollockss and someone, somewhere might be stupid enough to listen.

I can't be arsed to read six pages, make noted and respond to each point. If however you would like to sum up the un answered points I would be happy to answer them.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 15:04:00 »

posties dont skive off on computers when they are supposed to be working,they finish early instead in some cases.people in all jobs get what they can out of it. the strikes have not been about working to time alone.it is a whole catalogue of things.many will = a worse service for the customer.1 delivery a day,often coming later than the old second delivery used to is evidence of this.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 16:01:41 »

posties dont skive off on computers when they are supposed to be working,they finish early instead in some cases.people in all jobs get what they can out of it. the strikes have not been about working to time alone.it is a whole catalogue of things.many will = a worse service for the customer.1 delivery a day,often coming later than the old second delivery used to is evidence of this.
That really pisses me off. They cut down to one deliverey a day to make sure we get our post nice and early. Now my post frequently fails to arrive before 2pm. Not impressive.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 16:37:36 »

If you are finsihing your "task" early then your "task" is to easy for the alotted time therefore I would make your "task" longer so that you worked your fucking hours! It is called be effiecent and getting the most out of lazy people who wanna get paid eight hours pay for 6 hours work. however know doubt the unions lefty twats would call it slave driving.

If we ever face a national crisis ie war etc we are gonna be fucked your gonna have all the lefty union gimps saying no can't do that not in our contract no no we didn't do it that way etc etc etc lazy cunts.

Maybe I didn't put my point across too well.  By the nature of these things work does not come in an even, steady stream.  Therefore, my point about being task focussed is that when there is a lot on I will work late, weekends to ensure the tasks are done for the time required.  Later on, when there is less to do, I will not create jobs just to look busy, I will go home and rest.  At no point will I ask for more money for working late or weekends as I will get to work less later on.  Clearly if I am always working late and at weekends then I am either being asked to do too much or I am not capable of doing my job properly.  Either way a good manager should work out the reasons and try to solve them.

Personally, I think we should move away from this obsession with how long we work.  As I said before unless you are in that type of job where you need to be somewhere for a period of time (say working on a checkout), then people should not be paid to work (or be seen to be working) a set number of hours, they should be paid to do a job.

To pick up your final point about war, the pilots in the Battle of Britain did not refuse to get in the planes and fly becuase they'd flown their allotted hours that week, they flew because they had a task to achieve.  I know how I'd rather have the men (and now women) defending my country working.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:28:38 »

Donkey I admire your work eithic you seem to work hard and I don't know what you do. However I still feel that my point is valid I refuse to belive that everyone always finish all the work. It's just not possible. If we go back to the first post, it is seems that no-one ever checks the excel spreadsheets. So perhaps instead of going early once they have done their round they could do the excel thing? Even the seemingly most pointless task serve a perpuorse.

Also we seem to agree you should only be paid to do a task or the hours you work and if this happened with the post man I wouldn't care but they want it both ways. They want to only work say six hours but be paid for eight.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:30:44 »

But then us the taxpayer are paying these people to sit around doing meaningless jobs

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:32:36 »

the tax payers are paying for posties?i think you will find royal mail has earned millions for the government.only investing that money badly has seen the business suffer.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 19:46:31 »

oh i dont know. i put 6 and 17 together and must have got 32.

Things get better but they never get good
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 21:50:56 »

ralphy, the gist of the strike was;

- shitty working conditions (lots of dust flying about from the demolition, scafolding EVERYWHERE, closing off work areas and not moving those people effected to a big enough or suitable space)

- new staff joining the company or those moving from oxford and reading getting preference on holidays and jobs, completely doing away with seniority (nobody at dorcan has had their holiday forms yet, and with 600+ new jobs being created, a resign should be held, but the bosses are trying to avoid it as they cant be bothered to work it all out)

ralphy, why are you dreading the mail coming from swindon? look at the weekly/monthly figures, we rinse oxford mail centre pretty much every month. the only problem would be the 420 fucking it up...

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 12:31:51 »

Because Oxford is 20 miles from my delivery office and Swindon is 30!

We get the mail late now on a saturday so I dread to think what time it will arrive from Swindon.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 19:51:17 »

Donkey I admire your work eithic you seem to work hard and I don't know what you do. However I still feel that my point is valid I refuse to belive that everyone always finish all the work. It's just not possible. If we go back to the first post, it is seems that no-one ever checks the excel spreadsheets. So perhaps instead of going early once they have done their round they could do the excel thing? Even the seemingly most pointless task serve a perpuorse.

Also we seem to agree you should only be paid to do a task or the hours you work and if this happened with the post man I wouldn't care but they want it both ways. They want to only work say six hours but be paid for eight.

I think we're close enough to an agreement here.  Perhaps if, every time other work was done, the excel spreadsheets were checked it wouldn't become such an arduous task.  And, of course, if people are always finishing early then something is wrong somewhere (the opposite to my comment about having too much work in fact).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, September 8, 2008, 20:02:14 »

Because Oxford is 20 miles from my delivery office and Swindon is 30!

We get the mail late now on a saturday so I dread to think what time it will arrive from Swindon.

Royal Mail delivery times started going downhill when they dispensed with traditional collection. This is the way to do it....

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: