Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise away  (Read 39352 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 17:10:12 »

anyone know if you can pay on the day? i want to go so i can abuse sean o'hancunt.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 18:26:13 »

Fraternising with the Franchise amounts to treason and is punishable by death.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 18:29:26 »

Hangin's too good for 'em
sonic youth

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:44:22 »

what about supporting your own team and giving the franchise unutterable shit for being plastic? can i do that?
flammableBen

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:47:49 »

No you sell out.

I'm still boycotting franchise. Nothing to do with be being to skint or lazy to go everytime we've played them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 01:47:31 »

what about supporting your own team and giving the franchise unutterable shit for being plastic? can i do that?
Quote from: Pete "Club Stealer" Winkleman
Give anyone all the shit you want, your money's still going straight in my bank, and that's the only giving that counts in my book. Another satisfied franchise customer. Kaaching!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 11:13:48 »

I haven't yet - but the people Im supposed to be driving have Cheesy

What can I say, I like wasting £12 + chip in for petrol money + beers and food. Sigh.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 11:29:01 »

I was referring to the palliness and bonhomie being afforded to the Franny earlier in the thread.  I was expecting next to see a white flag being raised and then an impromtu football match in no man's land.  After which cowshedpete would produce a series of faded black & white photos of his wife and kids.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 12:22:06 »

What can I say, I like wasting £12 + chip in for petrol money + beers and food. Sigh.

Don't worry, Ill get my ticket Monday *makes pained expression*
sonic youth

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 13:11:16 »

it's kind of sad when when fans of the own team have pops at each other because they're going to an away game.

oh well
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 13:22:49 »

I don't think they were SY.

Just wondering why franchise scum were given the time of day on here.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 13:29:11 »

it's kind of sad when when fans of the own team have pops at each other because they're going to an away game.

oh well
If you're referring to my post, I wasn't having a pop at you going. The somewhat tongue-in-cheek point I was making was if you're going to go because you want to support the team fair play, but that does involve putting money in the franchise till and thereby supporting (financially) what they're doing. And that's a dilemma everyone faces for away games at Franchise - some decide that the desire to support their own team overrides the desire to tilt at the franchise windmill, others decide that no matter how much they want to support the team, they can't face putting money in those bastards' tills. Both points of view are valid and everyone has to arrive at their own decision on that, each to their own and all that.

But don't try and dress it up that you're going to make some kind of anti-franchise protest when you're in there, because Winkleman and the plastics don't give a shit. By that stage they've got your money and any barracking you do will just from their point of view add to the "atmosphere" and their tenuous claim to have a proper football club.
sonic youth

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 13:33:15 »

i was being facetious responding to ardilles' post.

i'm going because i want to go and personally i think it's far too late to make any sort of protest against Franchise' existence so it's just going to be another away game to me.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 13:33:40 »

I have to say although I dislike the franchise immensly, if they sell Chicken and Balti pies then I don't think I can resist putting an extra few quid in their till
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 13:38:32 »

I'm not going. Think we'll lose there anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: