Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, who is the winger then?  (Read 7998 times)
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 17:09:42 »

I thought MM was talking about a permanent deal for a player, not a loan move.

Doesn't mean its not Myrie-Williams but not quite sure all the facts (if any) are right in that article.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 17:12:26 »

Im sure it will be Betsy,Williams has played and looked good for city pre season and we have not spoke to the preston bloke have we so really only leaves betsy.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 17:13:02 »

I thought MM was talking about a permanent deal for a player, not a loan move.

Doesn't mean its not Myrie-Williams but not quite sure all the facts (if any) are right in that article.

One is right. No two. They said we have signed Nalis and also that JMW plays on either flank and upfront. Still could be either him of Betsy really.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 17:42:33 »

Joe Anyinsah has been the best player so far in pre season games for PNE and Carlisle are after his permanent signature so I could be wrong but I dont think its him IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 17:55:49 »

Joe Anyinsah has been the best player so far in pre season games for PNE and Carlisle are after his permanent signature so I could be wrong but I dont think its him IMO.

N'ah neither do I now... I'm over that... He was an unused sub for PNE last night.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, July 31, 2008, 17:57:32 »

I'd put money on it being Betsy. Makes no sense for City to get rid of Myrie-Williams, nor Preston of Anyinsah, and certainly neither of them for free.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 08:27:16 »

Malpas saying that he would have to take a pay cut to come here makes me think its betsy
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 08:29:52 »

Also saying it does not look likely now.

Dont understand why we don’t use the cash we were going to use for mulgrew on a half decent winger?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 08:51:48 »

Malpas saying that he would have to take a pay cut to come here makes me think its betsy

Didn't MM also state that the player in question is of young age? That makes me think it's Myrie-Williams... or someone else.
flammableBen

« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 08:53:09 »

Didn't MM also state that the player in question is of young age? That makes me think it's Myrie-Williams... or someone else.

I don't think he did. Could be wrong though.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 09:19:58 »

I don't think he did. Could be wrong though.

You're right - he was talking about Yinka.

I'm still not sure about Betsy - without a reason to justify this.
flammableBen

« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 09:25:03 »

The not saying it was a young player is one of the things that points towards betsy for me. And the fact that he said it was for a free. Betsy seems to be out of favour so it seems less unlikely that they'd let him go, unlike the younger players which seem to be going out on loan for experience.

It sounds like it might not happen anyway though. So maybe we'll never find out.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 09:33:20 »

Other than being an early member of the Fulham gravy-train - Betsy hasn't played for clubs that I would associate with high earners. 2 years at Barnsley, 1 at Oldham, 2 at Wycombe and 1 with Bristol City... It would be at the latter where the money really starts rolling in - he was brought in to ensure promotion and didn't get a look in after that.

One day MM is saying that the guy really wants to join and the next day it doesn't look likely because of money - says alot about modern football really. They'll join (and want to join) Basra Academical if the money is right.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 09:37:10 »

City paid £200k for him a couple of years ago.  Given their status as the biggest club in the world (tm) it seems fair to assume that he is on more than most if not all of our players.   especially if city do the 25% autmatic increase / decrease for promotion / relegation thing.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 1, 2008, 10:52:17 »

especially if city do the 25% autmatic increase / decrease for promotion / relegation thing.
Me thinks you have been playnig FM too much! Soapy Tit Wank

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: