Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hampton & richmond  (Read 8765 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 06:27:55 »

Totally agree with Mex's post, and about the tuck shop, my daughter got well sugared up, although i reckon you or i had too many dib dabs, as the tannoy said smith and i spoke to him at a throw in after he came on for vincent. Mind you my eye site after calling Jeremy Wray, Nick!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 07:26:41 »

In traditional tef fashion i approached nick watkins and could have asked him about new signings plans for the future ala ground redevelopement. but i asked one question only. why havent we got a tuck shop?

he said he would look into it Smiley
You approached Nick Watkins?  It was probably Jeremy Wray, Nick is away on hols for a week!!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 07:58:03 »

it was probably just some bald hampton fan in a suit.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 08:12:39 »

Thanks for the summaries, chaps.  Glad your girl enjoyed her first game, Sutton.

(And sorry I couldn't join you.  If you're on the e-mails that will, no doubt, be doing the rounds later, I'll explain why.)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:14:19 »

Good to see Marshall was better than Friday. I guess as Juddie says it'll come down to whether we can have two luxury players of a similar nature in the same team.

Did nayone else other than Cox look like scoring? It does worry me how we'll cope when the opposition double up on him and McNamee.
If they decide to double up on Macca AND on Cox that's going to leave gaping holes across the rest of the pitch. I'm not worried at all!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:17:28 »

If they decide to double up on Macca AND on Cox that's going to leave gaping holes across the rest of the pitch. I'm not worried at all!
Exactly thats why he may be looking at Nalis to play a holding/enforcer role, so the other two can tear up the wings
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:38:55 »

I really enjoyed the game at Hampton,football was a bit helter skelter at times,but a good work
out for the lads.Nice to be able to have a good chat with Dave Byrne and Jeremy Wray before
the game,both very approachable and friendly.They have a genuine interest in the views of the
fans.

Lovely warm,still summer evening for football,saw quite a few fans that i've known over the years,
good to have a drink with and chat with them.Hope those of you that went enjoyed it.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 11:58:29 »

What's this concern over teams "doubling up on Macca", use the ball well and you'd rip teams to shreds if they did that.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 12:02:40 »

I don't think trams will 'double-team' macca, they'll just cotton on to the fact that our whole game involves getting the ball to the wide men and will stifle timlin and co. as a result.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 12:04:27 »

What's this concern over teams "doubling up on Macca", use the ball well and you'd rip teams to shreds if they did that.
we might rip teams to shreds, but we still havent got anyone (apart from cox) who could hit a coos erse with a banjo

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 12:10:29 »

i think if trams started doubling up on mcnamee things might get messy

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 19:08:12 »

Totally agree with Mex's post, and about the tuck shop, my daughter got well sugared up, although i reckon you or i had too many dib dabs, as the tannoy said smith and i spoke to him at a throw in after he came on for vincent. Mind you my eye site after calling Jeremy Wray, Nick!!
  Seen the photo now and fully admit i was wrong, after two serious incidents of mis identification in one game, I'm off to the opticians (if i can find it obv!)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 21:49:44 »

thanks for the reports guys, interesting and positive stuff. looking forward to cardiff now.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 22:23:41 »

I really enjoyed the game at Hampton,football was a bit helter skelter at times,but a good work
out for the lads.Nice to be able to have a good chat with Dave Byrne and Jeremy Wray before
the game,both very approachable and friendly.They have a genuine interest in the views of the
fans.

Lovely warm,still summer evening for football,saw quite a few fans that i've known over the years,
good to have a drink with and chat with them.Hope those of you that went enjoyed it.

Were you the guy on crutches?
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 05:52:29 »

Were you the guy on crutches?

No that wasn't me.I actually spoke to Jeremy Wray directly after you.I did overhear you call
him "Nick" but i could easily understand that,because there is a similarity between them.I put
it down to your cool wrap around sunglasses  Grin

Hope that your daughter is now a committed Town fan for the future.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: