Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hampton & richmond  (Read 8767 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 20:51:46 »

Palpitations OK?
flammableBen

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 20:55:36 »

Pre-season friendly scores are never much of an indication of anything. It's more about looking at the players in different systems with trialists and new signings whilst getting fitness and match sharpness and stuff.

Results wise, I've got vague memory's of having a storming pre-season before 00/01. Whilst having a comparatively poor one before 03/04 or whenever our playoff season was. Although I'm not claiming to have a good memory and could be wrong.

It's more about getting some run-outs against a mix of opposition rather than beating teams. Which is why our relegation season really was a terrible set of friendlies.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 20:56:47 »

We don't need Ghionea or any other nasty STD's thank you very much.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:17:32 »

We played pretty well, they had a decent defence but not much else. Marshall was very good particularly 2nd half, definately got something. Spoke with Jeremy Wray(who i said thanks for all youv'e done Nick!!) He quickly pointed out he's the other bald geezer. Spoke to MM (player coming down tomorrow) Had a chat with Blair and Ben Joyce, I'll post more on those tomorrow, but all in all we played well without that many clear cut chances. Best players Macca, Marshall and Kanyuka. amakwaah and Timlin  and Cox also deserve mentions. Crowd of 300+ with around 70-80 Town.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:18:33 »

Tell us now suttonred, tell us now!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:22:55 »

We don't need Ghionea or any other nasty STD's thank you very much.

Obviously we don't need the STD's, but I think the Romanian market might be worth tapping into......Lincoln City have done it.

Adrian Petulea, whose career started with Rapid Bucherest, begged Jackson for a trial.

"He was spotted by the groundsman running around the training ground with his girlfriend on his back," said Jackson.

"The trouble is his girlfriend was naked, which got the attention of the players."

This is what is meant by wanting to play for the club.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:29:18 »

That's awesome, sign that chap.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:31:16 »

Messing around with naked east European women ... this is how they'll end up with Ghionea!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:37:00 »

Messing around with naked east European women ... this is how they'll end up with Ghionea!

Think an outbreak of Viorel Moldovan would be more scary.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:43:00 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:39:54 »

Tell us now suttonred, tell us now!
Ok ok. Jeremy Wray was saying they could understand why season tickets were slow but were hoping for a rush, he was quite surprised when i said how many london based fans we had and that most were still to buy in the next week or two. He had his wallet out for a business card, and i asked if he was giving any away. he said sorry its bloody empty i've spent it all! MM was very polite and spoke to my daughter encouraging her to sing loudly. not sure who the player is, didn't like to push things. Spoke to Blair about Marshall mainly and he was impressed but wasn't sure if him and macca weren't too alike to play together, may be a bit cavalier and leave us exposed, but he did look pretty good. Said his wrist was nearly there and said goodbye to my daughter, nice guy. To cap it all just looked at O/s and there is a photo of my daughter, a first game to remember for her. JW and MM were on the terracing before the game so i'm guessing others still on the way back may have asked more in depth questions than me, but overall over the moon they all took the time to speak to us all.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:54:35 »

Did John Hills get a run out at all?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:54:47 »

(nice story by the way)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 21:57:55 »

No Hills didn't play Vincent left back until about 65th min when jack Smith came on, Vincent actually did one blinding run to virtually the goal line from our own half, nearly spilled my pint.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 22:06:36 »

Think an outbreak of Viorel Moldovan would be more scary.

Can I be the first to be a bit worried?

... and according to the OS Hills came on for the last 30 mins?Huh??
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 22:07:32 »

No Hills didn't play Vincent left back until about 65th min when jack Smith came on, Vincent actually did one blinding run to virtually the goal line from our own half, nearly spilled my pint.

He made a good run on Friday night as well. What's got into him?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: