Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football's wealth gap & new Lou Macari book  (Read 2834 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 10:44:45 »

Good article from todays Telegraph, talking about footballs wealth gap that has caused
a divide between players and fans.

It also mentions Lou Macari's upcoming book,which is due out next month.I wonder if
Lou will comment on his time at STFC?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/07/14/sfngar114.xml

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 10:46:57 »

who were you before or are you new?

im confused by all these name changes and a little bit annoyed if im honest..

/
W56196272
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 10:48:46 »

Brand new Yeovil,don't worry stay cool  Smiley

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 10:50:37 »

I see,well thats alright then. Smiley

/
W56196272
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 11:01:17 »

No its not stay annoyed
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 12:27:38 »

I'm easily confused, has anyone worked out who was who? Although terry tibbs 2 is easy to fathom!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 12:49:53 »

It says the book is about his life so I'm sure as a big chunk of his managerial career was at Swindon then it will be quite interesting to read
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 08:54:33 »

It says the book is about his life so I'm sure as a big chunk of his managerial career was at Swindon then it will be quite interesting to read

I hope that Lou will be quite candid about the highs and lows of his time at the County Ground.
I also wonder if he's now prepared to talk about the cash payments (which was rife in football
at the time) and the subsequent demotion in 1990.

A lot of us remember that the prosecution of the club, was driven by Arthur Sandford at the
football league.I for one will always be grateful for the support within the media, from the likes
of Mike Ingham (Radio 5 football correspondent) and Patrick Collins (Mail on Sunday) But i won't
forget the likes of the Venables sycophant, Jeff Powell (Daily Mail) who took great delight time
and again,in saying that we should be made an example of and that we deserved everything
that we got.

Arthur Sandford -

http://www.tsha.nhs.uk/meet-the-board/arthur-sandford

« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 12:28:03 by alanmayes » Logged

land_of_bo

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 11:41:44 »

I hope that Lou will be quite candid about the highs and lows of his time at the County Ground.
I also wonder if he's now prepared to talk about the cash payments (which was rife in football

A lot of us remember that the prosecution of the club, was driven by Arthur Sandford at the
football league.I for one will always be grateful for the support within the media, from the likes
of Mike Ingham (Radio 5 football correspondent) and Patrick Collins (Mail on Sunday) But i won't
forget the likes of the Venables sycophant, Jeff Powell (Daily Mail) who took great delight time
and again,in saying that we should be made an example of and that we deserved everything
that we got.

Wasn't it the Sunday People that first exposed the story? Cunts.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 12:18:52 »

Wasn't it the Sunday People that first exposed the story?

Yes it was the Sunday People and the journo John Dillon.He actually got an award for the
breaking of the story.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 12:27:14 by alanmayes » Logged

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 12:33:08 »

Will be an interesting read,had great days here.....although losing his son through suicide has had a big effect on his life obviously,he had a big effect on the club and its fans.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 13:05:45 »

that we got.

Arthur Sandford -

http://www.tsha.nhs.uk/meet-the-board/arthur-sandford

When he came back to Swindon last season for trust organised Evening With Lou Macari he was quite openly talking about the under the counter payments, it was interesting to listen to his version of what happened back then
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 14:06:09 »

When he came back to Swindon last season for trust organised Evening With Lou Macari he was quite openly talking about the under the counter payments, it was interesting to listen to his version of what happened back then

I'm also a Trust member,but unfortunately wasn't able to make that evening.Would it be possible
to post a brief synopsis, of what Lou had to say about the illegal payments, please?

Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 14:43:57 »

I'm easily confused, has anyone worked out who was who? Although terry tibbs 2 is easy to fathom!

My aim was to avoid confusion!
Spencer_White

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 18:23:56 »

I'm also a Trust member,but unfortunately wasn't able to make that evening.Would it be possible
to post a brief synopsis, of what Lou had to say about the illegal payments, please?

Basically Lou said that the players were paid pitiful salaries and the bonuses were limited by the FL. He thought the players deserved better and so did the chairman, Hillier. So they did it to boost wages. I dont think anyone was going to try and sour anything by asking too much about it. End of the day theres a legend in the room. He certainly didnt say anything about the Newcastle game or any of that.

Its not really groundbreaking stuff. He doesnt point any fingers.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: