Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4 ODI  (Read 3578 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 20:51:11 »

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Overthrows. What a shambles.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 20:53:53 »

twas closely entertaining though.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 20:58:57 »

did we lose?

Things get better but they never get good
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 20:59:50 »

yup, by one run.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 21:00:54 »

Yes, by one wicket. Went down to the last ball, Wright bowled an amazing over to keep us in it, NZ needed two off the last ball so just hit it and ran. Swann picked up and threw to the bowlers end, THREE FUCKING PLAYERS stood round the stumps, all missed it, nobody backing up. Idiots.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 21:01:08 »

its ok, we erally are good enough to be winning the next world cup

Things get better but they never get good
lebowski

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 21:01:12 »

We did hit more 6s than they did though.

And we got our runs in less deliveries.
neville w

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 07:43:43 »

Sadly, we got a taste of what cricket will become with the introdcution of vast sums of money.

I've never wanted England to lose a match before, but after the run-out debacle following the collision I was rooting for NZ to come through.

Collingwood just about saved his skin by his admission and apology afterwards, but it's a sign of things to come.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 08:36:55 »

i totally agree neville, for the first time ever i was rooting for someone against england, stupid stupid decision by collingwood, the one saving grace cricket has is sportsmanship,

its in a dangerous place at the moment, take my example, i have been a member of sussex for a number of years, i buy myself and my dad a season ticket each xmas for the following season, sussex over the last 2 years have almost doubled the price of membership, i have not been to a single game this year yet due to this, attendances at hove have halved and this is subsequently having a knock on effect on the playing field, greed has definately reared its ugly head and i can see the 50 over game going pretty soon.
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 09:04:09 »

apart from being a shite awful captain - bar one or two decent innings Collingwood is becoming a bit of a joke at times - certainly not worthy of being England captain ... replace him with KP asap
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 11:42:26 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
apart from being a shite awful captain - bar one or two decent innings Collingwood is becoming a bit of a joke at times - certainly not worthy of being England captain ... replace him with KP asap

Well what a suprise, Fatbury calling for someone to be sacked. And why do you think that Mr.Ego would make such a wonderful captain then ?Fuck me you come out with some bollocks sometimes.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
neville w

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 12:05:10 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

Yes, that would be the same KP as whipped the bails off during the aforementioned run out, then appealed to the Umpire ?
neville w

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 12:13:07 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
i totally agree neville, for the first time ever i was rooting for someone against england, stupid stupid decision by collingwood, the one saving grace cricket has is sportsmanship,

its in a dangerous place at the moment, take my example, i have been a member of sussex for a number of years, i buy myself and my dad a season ticket each xmas for the following season, sussex over the last 2 years have almost doubled the price of membership, i have not been to a single game this year yet due to this, attendances at hove have halved and this is subsequently having a knock on effect on the playing field, greed has definately reared its ugly head and i can see the 50 over game going pretty soon.

Sorry to hear you've not been to any games mex. Not being a regular watcher due to no local team (I refuse to go to Bristol), It seems to me that the Counties focus their entire economic strategy on a 4 week twenty/20 thrash and that's pretty much it.

I fear for what comes next. Impressive as Napier's performance was on Tuesday, didn't it get repetitive? Before long we'll have teams of 11 batsmen, 10 fielders and a bowling machine.

I'd agree that the 50 over game is on the way out. Why can't the administrators understand that a lot of people like a pleasant day out rather than a 3 hour scrum ?

I'm off to Taunton on Monday to see Somerset v S.Africa day 2. Might get to see some proper cricket there.
fatbury

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 13:24:02 »

Collingwood banned for 4 limited over games - be interesting to see if MY PICK KP gets the nod or not?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 13:26:23 »

Can't see who else it would be, there's not a really senior player in the team other than him.

Bell? Or maybe a bowler short term?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: