Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket sales  (Read 64198 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 22:11:08 »

Never had any problem parking at Tescos and nipping through by the cricket ground.  Dont have to pay either.

Never knowingly overstated.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 07:39:16 »

I never pay to park for football either but if I didn't know the area then I prob would to make life easier.

Financially, Im lucky as live locally and am yet to buy a house etc. however if I did decide to even within Swindon, I'd definitely struggle to make home games (if I didn't have a ST) let alone away games.  Living nowadays is flippin expensive so those who have families/mortgages etc. who make home and some away games deserve a bit of credit thats for sure.

My concern is will people who bought a season ticket for the lower price who wouldn't normally buy one still keep it if we don't sell 6000 as it will be an extras bit to pay otherwise?  Personally I think its still a great saving however what with the payment in October and Xmas on the horizon I hope we don't lose any ST holders.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 07:55:01 »

As my old man always drives, we go to the Grove (or whatever it is called - the pub up from the Merlin) at about 1 ish and leave the car there. We normally have a couple of pre-match bruskies and then a swift one afterwards. Never any problems with parking.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 08:07:34 »

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but why not spread the payments of the season ticket over say 23 easy payments.  You could pay an amount each time you go to the match, obviously if you take this option you'd have to pay a little more (for administrative purposes) say £20 a payment.

Actually thinking about it, it'll never take off.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 08:29:47 »

Jeremy Wray was on the radio this morning, saying he is still optimistic we will get to the 6000 figure...so here's hoping

He also said that they are keen to do the 1969 shirts....so I wonder if they don't get to 6000 if they will give ST holders a chance to pay towards the shirt oif they still want one perhaps at cost price or something like that ?

Wray did say that they wouldn't be dissapointed if they don't get to 6k as whatever figure they get now is a vast improvement on last season's total and they knew 6k was a tall order but obviously had to have something to aim for that may be achievable.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 08:41:33 »

Jeremy Wray was on the radio this morning, saying he is still optimistic we will get to the 6000 figure...so here's hoping

He also said that they are keen to do the 1969 shirts....so I wonder if they don't get to 6000 if they will give ST holders a chance to pay towards the shirt oif they still want one perhaps at cost price or something like that ?

Wray did say that they wouldn't be dissapointed if they don't get to 6k as whatever figure they get now is a vast improvement on last season's total and they knew 6k was a tall order but obviously had to have something to aim for that may be achievable.

Either there are loads that haven't been counted, or there's going to be an extension, as he wasn't as confident as that at the hampton game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 08:46:07 »

I think even 5k is all over given the 4597 figure this morning (save for an extension/miss count).
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 08:50:46 »

The 'rush' that everyone has been hoping for must surely be underway now - if it's going to happen at all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 08:58:13 »

The 'rush' that everyone has been hoping for must surely be underway now - if it's going to happen at all.

Unless they are sitting on forms, we have gone up from about 30 a day to 45 a day. But our last weekend is behind us, and given the lack of  (ticket offic) queue at the Pompey game I have doubt whether tomorrow will be much busier.

4600-4800 is still good mind, but we'll have to wait and see if it improves our average gate.
Barry Scott

« Reply #429 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 09:14:16 »

Me and a mate are getting one each tomorrow. I've never bought one and i quite like the idea of turning up late and not having to worry about getting a ticket.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 09:31:44 »

Paying for the second installment should just be a case of putting aside £15 or so a game. The same money would have been spent without an ST.
I wouldn't be surprised to see an extention.

From the Dark Side
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 11:15:39 »

Either there are loads that haven't been counted, or there's going to be an extension, as he wasn't as confident as that at the hampton game.

But hes not going to go on local radio and say hes not optimistic is he!
Melksham Red

« Reply #432 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 11:28:08 »

I think our mad rush happened at the start of the offer when we were doing 150 a day. Can't see it happening now to be honest.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 13:02:16 »

Ticket office was pretty vibrant at lunchtime.  Think Batch may have been in there but I wasn't sure if it was 100% him so didn't say hello!  Nothing worse than looking like a knob getting the wrong person!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 13:07:45 »

Wooooo 1969 shirts! Cool That's all i'm interested in, i don't care about the inflated price for failing to reach 6000

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: