Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Groundshare with Bath Rugby - on a full time basis?  (Read 7657 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 17:08:11 »

I suppose its neighbourly to help out the egg chasers for a season, and if it brings in some dosh all well and good.

axs is right though about the importance of the CG staying right where it is.  I believe it is now the oldest ground in L1....there may be a few older elsewhere in the league, like Ewood Park, Oakwell, Gig Lane, Bramall Lane and a handful of others.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 17:46:05 »

Arent you allowed to drink beer at your seat whilst watching rugby? Could be the spectator sport for me!

/
W56196272
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 18:03:14 »

Arent you allowed to drink beer at your seat whilst watching rugby? Could be the spectator sport for me!

You are at the American Football and that lasts three and half hours...I'm not driving this year Beers Busted

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Rich Pullen

« Reply #63 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 18:18:11 »

I believe it is now the oldest ground in L1....

I think you maybe right there Reg, but it depends if you class when the club moved in as opposed to when the ground itself was built... Hartlepool & Tranmere's stadia both pre-date the CG.

Saying that Stamford Bridge predates Chelsea's existance by a good few years as it was a Athletics stadium originally.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:00:13 »

I think you maybe right there Reg, but it depends if you class when the club moved in as opposed to when the ground itself was built... Hartlepool & Tranmere's stadia both pre-date the CG.

Saying that Stamford Bridge predates Chelsea's existance by a good few years as it was a Athletics stadium originally.

I'm going on when a recognisable form of the current club first played a match at their ground....Tranmere's wasn't until 1912, Hpool first played in 1908.

STFC moved to the CG in 1895...but first year used the cricket pitch area.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #65 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:02:06 »

I'm going on when a recognisable form of the current club first played a match at their ground....Tranmere's wasn't until 1912, Hpool first played in 1908.

STFC moved to the CG in 1895...but first year used the cricket pitch area.

Fear not Reg, we're on the same page... I was just trying to look smart is all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:03:56 »

I'm just trying to brush up on some stuff for the quiz next week  Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #67 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:04:59 »

Nick Watkins was certainly talking as if he was still trying to make it happen when I spoke to him last week. Seemed to think it would be a 2 year deal.

I'm not sure they have a definite plan for the pitch though, as he was making the point that they'd have to make sure the pitch would be ok first and this would need looking into. I think he added that in to keep the football folk happy  Cool
Rich Pullen

« Reply #68 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:05:09 »

I'm just trying to brush up on some stuff for the quiz next week  Wink

Then I shall be randomly testing you throughout the week.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:10:42 »

Then I shall be randomly testing you throughout the week.

As long as it's not drug testing...then all good.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #70 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 19:14:24 »

As long as it's not drug testing...then all good.

It's a deal.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, September 22, 2008, 23:29:11 »

You are indeed, in fact it seems to be frowned on not to have a pint in hand.  It's good form to have a couple lined up under your seat as well, the downside being an over exertion during a celebration can lead to spillage.
dell boy

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 10:11:39 »

I think it would be great to bring Bath here.
No real worries about the pitch, the reserves no longer play here, we dont train on it nor will Bath Rugby Club be allowed to.
It will mean a game each weekend and the odd midweek fixture, no different from last year really.

They will definitely need netting behind each goal though especially the Town End.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 10:13:09 »

bbbooooooooooo

Things get better but they never get good
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 11:14:26 »

When we come to redevelop the County Ground, can we share the new Rec for a season? Would be quite handy for some of us...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: