Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If You Think You've Had a Bad Week...  (Read 1797 times)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 16:49:57 »

Okay, time for you spazzers to make my weekend better.

The guy I hit on Saturday seems to be up for claiming for things which weren't damaged in the accident - he spoke to my mum on the phone and mentioned the central locking which seems dubious when I merely tapped his bumper at around 5mph (had literally just pulled away).

What can I do to avoid him doing this?  My friend has suggested getting an independent RAC/AA examination on his car, as they can apparently tell roughly what damage was caused in the accident.  In reality, I doubt I have caused any damage to his car, but am willing to pay up to 150-200 quid to get it over with, but any more and I'm thinking of contesting it.  The fact there is no damage to my Vauxhall Corsa yet he seems to think there's plenty of damage to his solid Volvo seems a little bemusing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 16:52:43 »

If you are really telling the thruth then i say contest it. whilst it was your fault, you shouldnt pay stuff you didnt damage. the problem with contesting it is that you want to settle outside of the insurers it seems....
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 18:44:45 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
If you are really telling the thruth then i say contest it. whilst it was your fault, you shouldnt pay stuff you didnt damage. the problem with contesting it is that you want to settle outside of the insurers it seems....

I have a four hundred pounds excess on my insurance, so in theory I shouldn't need to involve the insurance.  It really was the minorest (is that a word?) of taps!  Every time the phone rings I'm ducking for cover....
Amir

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2005, 21:09:37 »

If he's being a proper cunt say he stalled at the roundabout, therefore in the eyes of the law it's his fault.  He could take you too a small claims court but it's very unlikely and he'd have trouble proving you are lying.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: