Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Decent pre-season  (Read 3762 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #30 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 20:40:35 »

Away to Bournemouth in July could be a good un, day on the beach and game in the evening
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 21:10:09 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I remember playing Pompey a few seasons back....Teddy Sheringham turned out for them and provided good pre match ents by giving Rocking Robin a good kicking.

Turbo scored an absolute screamer....I think his only 1st team goal at teh CG.

I'm probably gonna get this hopelessly wrong, but didn't Turbo also score against QPR at home one season (I think we won 3-1)??

Am gutted the Hungerford game is on Aug 1st - my 'hometown' team  but I'm at Edgbaston for the cricket - think I'll be bombing it back down the M5 to get back for that!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 21:23:45 »

Quote from: "DerbyRed"
I remember playing Pompey a few seasons back....Teddy Sheringham turned out for them and provided good pre match ents by giving Rocking Robin a good kicking.

I'm probably gonna get this hopelessly wrong, but didn't Turbo also score against QPR at home one season (I think we won 3-1)??

Am gutted the Hungerford game is on Aug 1st - my 'hometown' team  but I'm at Edgbaston for the cricket - think I'll be bombing it back down the M5 to get back for that!

Its entirely possible...I remember SSP scoring in that one and doing his shirt twirl.....think England had just won the egg chasing as well.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 21:35:14 »

Its entirely possible...I remember SSP scoring in that one and doing his shirt twirl.....think England had just won the egg chasing as well.

I'm sure that game was 1-1.  Sabin was useless for them upfront, irrc.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 21:39:50 »

Quote from: "donkey"

I'm sure that game was 1-1.  Sabin was useless for them upfront, irrc.

Again it's entirely possible...I'd completely forgotten about Eric at QPR.

Its always slightly disconcerting when large chunks of you life seem to have disappeared from recall.....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 21:40:31 »

Ha, you're WRONG!

The shirt twirl was when he scored his 25th goal of the season in the 2002/03 season.

The game which was after the egg chasing stuff was the 1-1 draw in the 2003/04 season.

Although Parkin did score!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 21:48:14 »

Quote from: "DV"

Ha, you're WRONG!

The shirt twirl was when he scored his 25th goal of the season in the 2002/03 season.

The game which was after the egg chasing stuff was the 1-1 draw in the 2003/04 season.

Although Parkin did score!

Right so, egg chasing win, SSP scores but doesn't shirt twirl, but he does shirt twirl in the 3-1 right?
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 22:52:30 »

shirt twirl 3-1, think heywood and turbo got the others.

1-1 rugby wc, parkin header from about 12 yards as the keeper challenged with him from deep gurney cross

officially blacker than the night.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, May 12, 2008, 22:53:35 »

If I remember correctly, the 1-1 draw was the game where Parkin nodded in a delightful cross-field ball from Gurney with the keeper charging out towards him. Superb goal.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: