Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: speaks volumes  (Read 2453 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 09:30:46 »

Interesting reading people's opinion on how bothered they'd be if certain players left. Me and Hanrahan commented on Saturday on the reaction to our team when the line-up is read out before the game. You could hear a pin drop!

I remember when I first started going, most player's names would be greeted with cheers.

Not anymore.

When was the last time this happened, the season we almost made the playoffs under King?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 10:35:20 »

some of them even get booed nowadays
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 10:47:47 »

dont think it helps for the most part that you cant hear the tannoy.

I think most people gave up even listening to that guy who goes through the teams after such horrendus names like Sammy 'The Showman' Igoe and Tommy 'Gunn' Mooney
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 11:18:43 »

and if they's just update the music... I've been to a lot of grounds where they play recent stuff, it makes such a huge difference. You can almost predict the running order of the crap that gets played at our place. They should look into that in the summer.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 11:22:30 »

Quote from: "juddie"
and if they's just update the music... I've been to a lot of grounds where they play recent stuff, it makes such a huge difference. You can almost predict the running order of the crap that gets played at our place. They should look into that in the summer.

Disagree. The best pre match atmosphere we've had this season was when there wasn't any music at all!

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 11:28:39 »

I'm up for a bit of music but then they should switch it off closer to kick off to slowly build up the anticipation.

That's just my point of view though and I'm never really there closer than 15 mins before kick off, but it would be good to leave the pub and go straight into the ground and begin the chants without having to contend with Republica. It doesn't help that they've played this song for over a decade now.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 11:44:09 »

and on saturday it was almost as if the players were waiting for the music to finish to start the game! It's been the same music for as long as i can remember, which is rubbish. The atmosphere builds itself when it's a big game but sometimes some decent stuff, or something different might be the way forward.
lebowski

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 17:34:05 »

For the record, I cheer the players' names!

I doubt that they can hear me from where I sit though  Sad

I have always thought that Immigrant Song by Led Zep would be a great track to run out to.

is a cool video of it. Very rousing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 17:46:02 »

I've always thought would be a good track to run out too, or at least to play 5 minutes before kick off. Don't know what the old folks in the arkells would think though.

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:45:08 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "juddie"

Disagree. The best pre match atmosphere we've had this season was when there wasn't any music at all!

Northampton wasn't it?
I've always believed it helps to get the atmosphere going if they stop playing music at least 30 minutes before a game.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 19:59:29 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
For the record, I cheer the players' names!

I doubt that they can hear me from where I sit though  Sad

I have always thought that Immigrant Song by Led Zep would be a great track to run out to.

is a cool video of it. Very rousing.

i have another Led Zep song that the could come out
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 20:00:20 »

Modern music is invariably shit-old music is preferable but no music is even more preferable

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 20:32:11 »

Old music was invariably shit as well though, it's only better because generally all the crapper stuff doesn't get played.
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 21:51:54 »

word on what Si Pie says.

they should play a bit of fiddy cent. G UUUUNIT
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 07:46:37 »

I think that with the recent run we have been on people have stopped coming to the game all positive and obviously that is included when the team sheet is rwad out, I think earlier in the season the players used to have their names cheered (or most of them) but recently it has been quiet.

We will need a good run of win's etc to get the crowd back in confident mood and back in tune with the players.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: