Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 new players in the summer.........  (Read 4806 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:22:51 »

.......in today's Adver King  says that for sure he'll need 6 new players, with a possibility it will be 10.....to be recruited for next season.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:36:11 »

Hardly suprising, what with these stupid transfer windows being implemented.

Suggests that we're going to see plenty of first team players leaving in the summer as well if you ask me.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:47:15 »

oh dear that must mean that all the out of contract players are off in the summer as he was going to bring in 4 new players anyway
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:50:31 »

Its 6 for sure and then maybe needing to replace Smith Igoe Evans Heywood.....I'd imagine all of these will look for a beter deal.....with Smith Evans and Heywood likely tofind one.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:52:20 »

howard will be on his way too i reckon
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 10:53:41 »

His broken foot may not help transfer negotiations though.  Unless some conference side fancies taking a gamble on ol' BH.   Wink
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:38:43 »

Quote from: "janaage"
His broken foot may not help transfer negotiations though.  Unless some conference side fancies taking a gamble on ol' BH.   Wink

Dont be so ridiculous Jan. Everyone knows that Brian is a future premiership star. After a great season, his dreams could turn to reality when Chelsea sign him as the replacement for Duffman Wink

(OH YEEEEAH, DUFFMAN IS GYRATING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE PROBLEM)
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:41:52 »

As Mr Burns would say Excellent.....

Hopefully we'll see a few faces re-signing the biggest doubt, aside from Sam has to be Matty H.

Smith and Evans look set to sign, I dare say there will be some negotiation but bar a wage drop neither are likely to go.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:43:13 »

Oh yeah I forgot he's England's answer to the left side, central, right side, midfield and attacking problem.  I think he may go to Madrid in the summer, hopefully we'll be able to get Owen in some sort of swap deal (even though BH is out of contract)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:46:00 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
As Mr Burns would say Excellent.....

Hopefully we'll see a few faces re-signing the biggest doubt, aside from Sam has to be Matty H.

Smith and Evans look set to sign, I dare say there will be some negotiation but bar a wage drop neither are likely to go.

wasnt rhys offered a wage drop though? because i thought he was and he rejected it
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 11:58:53 »

Was Duke not offered a new contract - 'shame'....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dazzza

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:02:51 »

No there was a rumour that he had rejected a new contract but according to Rhys himself this came about before he had ever been offered anything.

He's made noises that his family are settled and unless a big drop does become a reality he's going to stay.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:10:08 »

I know it's all rumours, but a friend of mine who's good friend sof Rhys' told me that he is likely to leave.  Like I say I know this is a friend of a friend hear say story, but it does seem like there are mixed messages coming from the Evans camp.
kick_ass1987

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:20:14 »

Well i originally put the message up saying that Rhys was going, because someone from the club told me he wanted 2k and we couldnt afford him so he's on his way. Also i was talking to some posh people the other day who sit in the executives suit and are involved in the club, and they said exactly the same thing, that he wanted 2k a week and he wouldnt take anything less
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2005, 12:22:08 »

To be honest I don't think this season's displays from Rhys warrant that kind of money, especially as the club is broke.  Maybe he'll go to Oxford.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: