Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Religion.  (Read 10419 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:05:23 »

Ime currently reading the bible...its been a tuf year in our family with family members passing away,my sister in law is very religious and gave me it as a gift....its very hard to take some parts seriously but ive always loved the peace and tranquility thats found in churches,its hardnot to believe in god when your actually in a church praying for a loved one.....The problem with all religions is that you have a few trying to ram there views dwn the throats of millions of people......religion for me is very personal and you wont find me getting angry just because people dont believe what i believe.As for Scientology BANGKOK i agree with you its a scam but like ive just said we all should be able to think what we like without predjudice.
flammableBen

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:08:12 »

Scientology is odd indeed. It doesn't really offer any moral guidance and seems to hunt vunerable people to take advantage of. Normally resulting in them cutting themselves off from their previous life. That and the way they are aggressive to those who question them, make them a pretty scary cult. Luckily they still aren't recognised as a religion here but I think they've been pressuring for it.

Mormons, although a bit odd, aren't really anything bad. Just a bit strange. In fact the South Park episode sort of backs them up at the end.

You can get the Scientology southpark episode here.. http://www.xenu.net/ if you scroll down the bottom. There's also that site with all the southpark episodes on. Can't remember where, but if you google you should be able to find it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:10:32 »

[off topic]

www.southparkzone.com

[/off topic]

Things get better but they never get good
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:13:16 »

Quote from: BANGKOK RED
Quote from: "flammableBen"
Religion should be completely separated from the state. Especially in education.

I don't beleive in Bhuddism as a religion as I do not beleive in the afterlife/re-incarnation, but I certainly beleive in Bhuddism as a way of life above and beyond any other religion that I have encountered.

Good shout BR. If I was to persue religious thoughts I'd start with Buddhism.
flammableBen

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:14:07 »

Mormon episode is S7e12 I think. Should be easy enough to find on there.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:22:23 »

While on religion i read that Rory Fallon has become a born again Christian...ime being serious!,,,sorry if thats already been said on here.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:22:47 »

While on religion i read that Rory Fallon has become a born again Christian...ime being serious!,,,sorry if thats already been said on here.
Sussex

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:23:02 »

Mormon episode is S7e12 I think. Should be easy enough to find on there.

Keychain locked. Please contact an administrator.

Fucking monkeys.

[/apes]
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:23:45 »

Quote from: "leefer"
Ime currently reading the bible...its been a tuf year in our family with family members passing away,my sister in law is very religious and gave me it as a gift....its very hard to take some parts seriously but ive always loved the peace and tranquility thats found in churches,its hardnot to believe in god when your actually in a church praying for a loved one.....The problem with all religions is that you have a few trying to ram there views dwn the throats of millions of people......religion for me is very personal and you wont find me getting angry just because people dont believe what i believe.As for Scientology BANGKOK i agree with you its a scam but like ive just said we all should be able to think what we like without predjudice.

Leefer, your post made me think a long way back in time.  Best wishes mate
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:24:52 »

since when do you like South park?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:29:54 »

Quote from: "leefer"

Yep. He got baptised at my mate's church in Plymouth a couple of months ago
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 21:49:04 »

pretty scary cult.

Nail, Hammer and Head!!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 22:09:45 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
I think that I have asked 3 times now about Adam and Eve v's Evolution, and the closest anybody has come to answering it is an Atheist.

Does that make me God's Atheist?  Cool...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 22:15:59 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "arriba"
there is concrete evidence of evolution,this is growing by the day.religion is a faith-belief that cannot, and will never be proven.
i'm sure there was a jewish rebel(jesus),who had support against the roman empire.but alot more has been made of it than i think happend.some of the stories from the bible are so ott they are laugable.
christians change the way they explain things as time goes by,as more evidence is found that blows the bible out of the water. they keep changing views to justify their deluded beliefs.the different churces dont all even see the bible in the same way as each other.

teaching god and the bible as a fact to kids from the age of 4 in primary schools is a disgrace!

To suggest its a disgrace is very short sighted christianity has always been this countrys national religion and the bible has some great stories which most kids love and it can also teach them valuable lessons.  I am sure they will be more than capable of making a choice themselves as they get older on whether they choose to believe or not.

Just not true....Christianity has been a major religoion for perhaps the last 1400 years in this country.  If you consider somewhere like Avebury to be well over 5000 years old, then for most of history we've been something other than a Christian country.

Further, although the link between church and state is implied in the constitution.....it is now anomalous to consider the UK a Christian country. A situation which will doubtless change....see Archbishop of Canterbury's thoughts on Sharia Law.

But this country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (so named in 1927)...therefore Protestantism has always been the religion.  Take your point, just wanted to be awkward  Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, March 20, 2008, 20:48:44 »

Fair play to everyone on here that has faith - I fully appreciate anyone who does have this can be described as a lucky person.  I myself have no faith in something as far fatched as a "god" - as you say this is a matter of belief and a very individual one at that....

The one thing I will argue until the cows come home is that 4 year old kids should simply not be tought religion - in any format.

There is no difference to teaching them Christianity or Muslim beliefs apart from the particular country they were born in.

Given that these two sets of people can not exactly get on very well (yes I know this is the radicals) it seems serverse to try and feed any of this stuff to kids.

Wait until they are old enough (14 maybe) to make their own mind up whether they want to listen to it and have it as a school option - but to have it on the curriculum as a nationally tought subject is quite frankly terrible - my opinion of course.....

Wise men say........
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: