Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Religion.  (Read 10421 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:00:05 »

Religion is something that interests me greatly.

I am Agnostic myself because for me seeing is beleiving. Yet oblivion for is a bizarre concept for me

What are your thoughts on religion/god/heaven and all that?

Do you beleive, are you agnostic or are you an Atheist?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:09:36 »

I think they're some nice little stories. There are some in the Bible which I guess you can relate to the real world - stories with a moral.

As for a God(s). I don't believe in that really. The Big Bang theory has some strong evidence as does evolution. I guess the only thing I would question is what got the conditions there for the Big Bang to exist. If a God created those condition, watched the big bang and things evolve today then God is a very patient being.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:09:38 »

Without an element of believe death is far too scarey for me to think about, in fact it shits me up so much I kind of try my hardest not to think about infinite darkness.  

I know I know, you won't know anything about it, but....that's enough for me, got to go and think of some nice things, not this.

Have a nice thread.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:12:29 »

I like the thought of believing in something and slightly envy people with strong belief but I only vaguely beieve in god.

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:16:53 »

I just got a flashback to angels and squagels.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:43:47 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Without an element of believe death is far too scarey for me to think about, in fact it shits me up so much I kind of try my hardest not to think about infinite darkness.  

I know I know, you won't know anything about it, but....that's enough for me, got to go and think of some nice things, not this.

Have a nice thread.

I completly agree! Enternal darkness and the world the sun etc blowing up but there still being this black and no ending is terrifying!! :shock:
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:48:34 »

I'm agnostic. Until it's proved or disproved then I won't have faith.

Saying that, I'm christened and getting married in church this year. Oh well.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:50:47 »

Surely you wouldn't have eternal darkness and stuff as you'd nolonger exist so there wouldn't be anything.

Bit like before you were born.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:56:10 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Surely you wouldn't have eternal darkness and stuff as you'd nolonger exist so there wouldn't be anything.

Bit like before you were born.

Are you an Atheist Ben? (Serious question)

Good point about "Nothing before you were born", but how much of an abstract concept is oblivion?

Wouldn't it be nice to BELEIVE that after life you went to a better place, i wish that I beleived that.
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:58:55 »

I probably lean towards atheism, but I'm not arrogant enough to say their definitely isn't anything.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 22:00:05 »

religion is a method of control that has been used to great effect. don't get me started on the bible, what a pack of fictional twaddle and hipocrisy that is.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 22:01:06 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I probably lean towards atheism, but I'm not arrogant enough to say their definitely isn't anything.

Which makes you agnostic.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 22:02:48 »

Quote from: "axs"
religion is a method of control that has been used to great effect. don't get me started on the bible, what a pack of fictional twaddle and hipocrisy that is.

Agreed, but does that mean that there is no god/afterlife? Are you an Atheist?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 22:04:23 »

I can't prove there is no god or afterlife, but nor can anyone else prove there is. I do wonder why so many people's default setting is that there is a god rather than there isn't. you wouldn't believe that there are fairies or pixies, so why god?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 22:07:16 »

There's a lot of fairies down Brighton way. You might see them if you go. Maybe then you'll start believing in God axs?

Quote from: "axs"
woo hoo there are fairies, lots and lots of fairies. There is a God! Thank you God
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: