Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ActionScript 3.0  (Read 1579 times)
flammableBen

« on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 01:21:31 »

I've been reading up and playing about without actually having a recent version of flash.

What with having to learn Java as part of my failed ComSci degree, I have to admit that I fell in love with the lovely OO of java, and massively the whole built in garbage collection. I've can still knock up the swift C++ console effort (I might upload some old projects if anybody's interested), I can even push to fucking about with SDL or the other one for nice pictures.

But Java spoils you, it let's you program in ideals. So back on subject, ActionScript 3.0, is as far as I can tell, Flash Java. And lovely it is too.

What I'm getting at is that I can play about with the free AS3 compilers, but I'd really like a copy of Flash Pro CS3. Just because it'd make fucking about much more fun.

All the torrents seem to be viriivilee. I've knocked up a little AS2/flash8 hourse racing button mashing game, which I might upload tomorrow, but I'm more interested in what seems the  OO joy of AS3.

Oh and  on the other side of randomness there's enough creative types here to make a tef adventure game with AGS (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/). But that's worth another topic. Possibly. AGS is brilliant, and if you've haven't played some of the games made with it then you're loosing out. AGS is inspiringly brilliant. and worth a play with.

"There's no point inventing the wheel when someone's driving around in a car." -fB, today, and something that Warren Spector said.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 08:14:21 »

If it helps, you can download the trial from the Macromedia site and then extend it to the full version when you 'buy' (:--) a licence key
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 08:32:51 »

Have you tried using Flex, Adobe's new dev for the web thing? Pretty sure the SDK for that is free:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/
magic8ball

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 09:54:35 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Have you tried using Flex, Adobe's new dev for the web thing? Pretty sure the SDK for that is free:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/

Flex is completely free to download, and is a pretty neat environment for building some nice looking Flash apps.

A friend of mine (ahem) has recently downloaded the Adobe Creative Suite 3 (Web edition) from torrentspy. Includes Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks and Dreamweaver. All works fine and dandy, although I had Flash and PS anyway.

I know Flash CS3 can be found on a torrent, I might be able to ask my friend for a copy of it (the torrent) if anyone is interested....
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 12:53:19 »

Can you tell me wear the wizard key is?

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 17:12:31 »

you have to pay the gatekeeper and then visit the magic Elf.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:17:11 »

I've never dabbled in Flash or Java before, might have a butchers at this Flex.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 21:30:05 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
If it helps, you can download the trial from the Macromedia site and then extend it to the full version when you 'buy' (:--) a licence key

I've done that. Just be wary that you may need to remote access to your friend's computer when they can't get the key to work, eh Lady?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 12:51:14 »

I make flash videos and games as my job. We don't use actionscript 3 yet though. Upload the horse racing thing, sounds good.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 12:57:01 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

I've done that. Just be wary that you may need to remote access to your friend's computer when they can't get the key to work, eh Lady?

Oops Indeed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 12:59:03 »

I posted that thinking you'd never read this thread  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: