Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grunt Smith strikes back allegedly over loyalty jibes  (Read 5546 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 15:05:11 »

Read the comments down the bottom of the page:

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2122442.0.former_town_man_smith_blasts_greed_jibes.php

If this is him, he doesnt seem to impressed  
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 16:48:18 »

fucking idiot,. Funny he got subbed, you could tell he was getting well pissed off with the ONE GREEDY BASTARD chants  
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 17:02:27 »

he was awful yesterday, dreadful!!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 17:03:18 »

set up their first goal didn't he?

Things get better but they never get good
JPC82

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 17:05:58 »

Quote from: "janaage"
he was awful yesterday, dreadful!!

like him or not Jan he wasnt awful at all, great ball for their first goal. And he has something we havent got, a midfielder who likes a shot
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 17:06:16 »

An assist yeah, but everything else he did was poor.  Countless times he lost possession.
lebowski

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 20:26:15 »

I don't remember him being that fat when he was here?

I take a huge amount of pleasure in that.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 22:55:10 »

I haven't read the shit forum rubbish.

But anyhoo, Grant Smith always strikes me as a Swindon version of Lee Sharpe. Although Shapre used to always confuse me because when he was playing for Manure they were sponsored by Sharpe or something. Bit mental. Greatest fall down the leagues ever though.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 12:25:44 »

Never really King's cuppa was he? The fella only got into the side when AK's hand was forced - first by injuries, then by the fact he did the business (goals, assists). At the first sign of a below average performance, he was out on his ear again.

Who know's what to believe about his 'supposed' contract offer. I maintain though, if you leave any club for one of their direct rivals, you should expect nothing but dogs abuse upon your return. You know the sensitivities before you leave and shouldn't be surprised if it all gets a little prickly before, during of after the game.

When all is said and done, we've now got a far better option on our left flank... indeed, did we ever really miss him? Life moves on and we'll soon be moving onwards and upwards past the likes of your Carlisles and Smiths.

Que sera sera.

"Great save, Digby."
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 14:13:17 »

fat oaf!
glos_robin

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 17:55:50 »

The Smith issue was something I know abit about and there were a number of reasons for him leaving as during his time here he lived in Cheltenham and was doing a part-time degree whilst playing for STFC at the Uni of Glos (where I was studying) hence the reason he went to City I imagine......he wanted to stay local and finish the course which is kindo of understandable. He was offered a reduced terms deal similar to what Howard was offered and he didn't get on with King so he had reasonable grounds for leaving in the end I would say especially when City offered him security and a better deal who wouldn't accept it? In all honesty he was an approachable guy and easy to talk I don't really hold any grudges he's just been unfortunate with how his career has panned out.
JPC82

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 17:59:34 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
The Smith issue was something I know abit about and there were a number of reasons for him leaving as during his time here he lived in Cheltenham and was doing a part-time degree whilst playing for STFC at the Uni of Glos (where I was studying) hence the reason he went to City I imagine......he wanted to stay local and finish the course which is kindo of understandable. He was offered a reduced terms deal similar to what Howard was offered and he didn't get on with King so he had reasonable grounds for leaving in the end I would say especially when City offered him security and a better deal who wouldn't accept it? In all honesty he was an approachable guy and easy to talk I don't really hold any grudges he's just been unfortunate with how his career has panned out.

Howard wasnt offered a deal, Kingy had to offer a deal to either Smith or Howard and chose Smith, Howard wouldnt have signed anyway as he was pissed off at being benched whilst Lee Holmes was on loan
glos_robin

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 18:04:55 »

Quote from: "JPC82"

Howard wasnt offered a deal, Kingy had to offer a deal to either Smith or Howard and chose Smith, Howard wouldnt have signed anyway as he was pissed off at being benched whilst Lee Holmes was on loan

Howard was offered a reduced terms deal and rejected it......Sandy Gray was peddled out to say they didn't offer a deal as result.
JPC82

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 18:06:48 »

Howard was offered a reduced terms deal and rejected it......Sandy Gray was peddled out to say they didn't offer a deal as result.

:nono:
glos_robin

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 18:10:02 »

:nono:

I think you will find it was the case mate
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: