Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gretna - Could Close Tomorrow  (Read 6298 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 10:48:11 »

I hope gretna fold. Fucking mickey mouse club.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 10:55:42 »

I dont, its funny watching them play as they are so shit.

It cound get even funnier if Hamilton Accies win promotion this season  
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 18:59:08 »

Quote from: "tans"
I dont, its funny watching them play as they are so shit.

It cound get even funnier if Hamilton Accies win promotion this season  

When I was a lad it seemed the Accies went up and down every season...not sure if that ever happened...or I imagined it...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
lebowski

« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:02:18 »

Just goes to show what a joke that league is.

No wonder the two best teams want in down here.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:30:03 »

How does that show that the SPL is a joke?  Because a multi millionaire spent a shit load of money and took a small club into the SPL?

Well in that case Swindon Town should never be allowed to go into the premiership again.  For we are just a small town club, with shit support (defo not up to premiership standards) and quite clearly do not deserve the millions of Fitton and Co.  In fact let's close the league membership off so no other clubs can rise through the leagues.  Stop promotion to the premier league and only let "big" clubs compete.

I hope Gretna survive, and I can't believe Will really wants them to go out of business.

Oh and please let me know of another country with a population of 5 million with a better league.  I'm sure there are a handful, but not many.  I hate the old firm but they've done alright in Europe recently, not bad for teams from a joke league.

Rant over. Oops
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:32:15 »

I've just been hooked by a fisherman, I feel.
lebowski

« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:32:22 »

I was only playing!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:32:58 »

Thought so.   Oops
lebowski

« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:33:22 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I've just been hooked by a fisherman, I feel.

Not at all, it was a throwaway comment. I admire your passion.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 17, 2008, 19:35:03 »

It's really not good for me man, red wine is open, sip and relax!!

To Gretna.....
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 12:12:12 »

I can't believe any football fan would want a club to go out of business. i wouldn't even wish that on oxford.

having said that.... Franchise, I wouldn't miss.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 14:59:17 »

In my eyes Gretna are the Scottish version of Franchise. Ok not in the same way, but I hate them that much. THe whole thing was always going to happen. Gretna is hardly a big enough town to support a 3rd division team let alone get enough through the gates to fund SPL standard players.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 15:48:44 »

Who gives a fuck Will, that's the beauty of football, you could have 60 years of crap then before you know it you've risen through the leagues and playing premiership matches week in week out.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 17:27:59 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
I can't believe any football fan would want a club to go out of business. i wouldn't even wish that on oxford.

I was at a party on Sat night, talking to some bloke about football, he says he's from Milton Keynes so I ask him who he supports, he says Franchise. I asked him how he could bear to support such a sham of a club and what it was like having a stadium 1/4 full. he said not sure, doesn't go to games but if they get in the play-off final / JPT he would go to wembley. I called him a plastic fan of a plastic franchise club and told him to fuck off and die and take his "club" (yes I did the finger quote mark thing). I may have had a drink or twelve by that point but I still stand by what I said.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2008, 17:34:49 »

Quote from: "axs"
Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"

I was at a party on Sat night, talking to some bloke about football, he says he's from Milton Keynes so I ask him who he supports, he says Franchise. I asked him how he could bear to support such a sham of a club and what it was like having a stadium 1/4 full. he said not sure, doesn't go to games but if they get in the play-off final / JPT he would go to wembley. I called him a plastic fan of a plastic franchise club and told him to fuck off and die and take his "club" (yes I did the finger quote mark thing). I may have had a drink or twelve by that point but I still stand by what I said.

I think we all agree with you axs. Just goes to show how pathetic that club is when "supporters" who live in the town will only go if they are at Wembley. If we had a nice shiny new ground our attendances would be pretty high - atleast for a while.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: