Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smithy Says..  (Read 6853 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 10:52:04 »

He said: “I want to stay. The fans have been quality since I’ve come into the team and they were pushing for me to get in the team before I got my chance.

“You don’t forget things like that.”

Good lad,I hope he means it.

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 10:55:37 »

But if someone comes in and offers him more money, it'll be adios grant....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 10:55:57 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
He said: “they were pushing for me to get in the team before I got my chance.

Good lad,I hope he means it.

That's me that is, he obviously reads the forums.  If he stays you can all thank me Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:02:13 »

It certainly wasn't Piemonte!!  I've been pro Smith all season too.  So glad he's done himself proud since breaking into the side.
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:20:49 »

I've been behind you all the way grant, never doubted you for a second Cheesy

Now sign that contract to repay my faith Wink
Barry Potter

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:50:56 »

You can see why he'd want to stay now he's a regular starter but considering King said he wasn't wanted at christmas and he had virtually been frozen out the previous 18 months, he probably only has to have a bad run of 3 or 4 games and he'll be consigned to the bench for another year. I'd leave if someone else is offering to match or better his STFC wages (which probably isn't that hard).

Lashings of humble pie for Kingy if he's offering him a new contract though! Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 13:14:33 »

Quote from: "Barry Potter"
You can see why he'd want to stay now he's a regular starter but considering King said he wasn't wanted at christmas and he had virtually been frozen out the previous 18 months, he probably only has to have a bad run of 3 or 4 games and he'll be consigned to the bench for another year. I'd leave if someone else is offering to match or better his STFC wages (which probably isn't that hard).

Bear in mind that he'd never established himself as a first team player at any other club he's been at (and he's had enough) so why would he want to go through it all over again?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 13:21:05 »

he's likely to be offered a one year deal anyway, so i think he'll except. he will be looking to build on this season's good form and i think the fact he's settled here will help him. Hopefully a little extra money wont be enough to convince him away, but if somebody offered a substantial amount more i guess he would be tempted. I'm fairly certain that city would have to offer him a big wage rise - if smithy goes there it will unsettle him especially with the town fans getting on his case a la swindon reject chants
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 20:57:35 »

Quote from: "Grant Smith"
“I want to stay. The fans have been quality since I’ve come into the team and they were pushing for me to get in the team before I got my chance.

How does Grant Smith know that?  Does he read the forums?   :shock:

Very good player at this level and seems a decent bloke with the right sort of attitude - plugged away last season and did not outwardly complain about lack of first team opportunities.  Goals from midfield have got us into the top half of the table this season, and he's been the highlight of what has been a pretty bollocks season.
Asher

« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 21:42:12 »

Totally agree - Mooney could learn a thing or two from him
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 22:36:41 »

In one of Sam Parkins columns a while back it said that Smith was the player who read the fans forums all the time. Iv only seen two victories on the road this season, not through a lack of mileage, and Smithy was  responsible for one of those (Bradford).

So lets hope he stays. I like his goal celebrations as well, you can tell he means it (and not just celebrating his own goals either).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 22:44:31 »

HELLO SMITHY  Cool
Dazzza

« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 25, 2005, 23:21:38 »

He's had a blinder the second half of this season no doubt about that.

He did have a good pedigree Sheff Utd he was rated and did get a few games under his belt and if the grey stuff is working actually turned down a contract to get more regular first team football.

I also remember Plymuff fans last season, where he spent some time on loan raving about the man and couldn't understand why he wasn't getting a game.

King brought him in on the back of a left footer obsession he had for a while.  Cue Viveash, Nicholas and Smith.  He then decided he'd start the season with wing backs which admittedly none of them or Duke, who is seen as a left sider nowadays, is before deciding to stick a right footer in Howard there anyway.

From all reports last season Smith was banging them in and captaining the reserves, his chance to get a run in the side was long overdue.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 14:49:20 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
HELLO SMITHY  Cool

I bloody love you...  Smith that is, not you Sonic, don't be getting no ideas now...

We need a song for him, but he has a bit of a crap name for a choon.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 14:56:46 »

Oh Smithy Smithy,
Grant us all our wishes,
And get us a goal,

Oh Smithy Smithy........
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: