Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I just survived.....  (Read 5830 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 13:32:26 »

Didn't even know till I got to work and someone asked me if the earth moved for me last night. I thought they were taking the piss.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 13:33:21 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
I heard that it all started because Rick Waller fell out of bed.
I heard you made that up yourself

I heard that you were in bed with Rick Waller at the time and it was you that pushed him out.
red macca

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 13:36:43 »

why would i push him out? he is a beast of a man
Danjackson10

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 13:48:29 »

i can confirm it was felt in bath and i was pissed!
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 13:53:39 »

I live on my own, i may have an overactive imagination.....

I was in bed trying to get to sleep when my bed started to rumble... i sat up scared and thought there was a man under my bed. I was to scared to look or leave the bedroom all night Sad

Felt like a right prat this morning when i got to work n heard the radio!
red macca

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 13:58:09 »

Quote from: "Miss Angry"
I live on my own, i may have an overactive imagination.....

I was in bed trying to get to sleep when my bed started to rumble... i sat up scared and thought there was a man under my bed. I was to scared to look or leave the bedroom all night Sad

Felt like a right prat this morning when i got to work n heard the radio!
For that i am sorry
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 13:58:22 »

I was sat downstairs reading and felt the chair wobble, felt like an express train had gone past but then I remembered I don't live near a railway. So I ruled that out and assumed it was just a big lorry had gone close by on the dual carriageway behind us although I'd never felt that before and we get plenty of traffic on the dc. It did occur to me fleetingly that maybe it was an earth tremor but I obviously dismissed that as being just overdramatic. So finally I assumed it was related to the most of a bottle of red I'd sunk and went to bed, woke up this morning and found out it was an earth tremor after all which was a bit of a relief (ie that it wasn't the wine). But the missus slept right through it and claims not to have noticed - mind, she's always saying she felt nothing when the earth has obviously moved. Erm, as earthquake survival tales go, I must say I'm a bit disappointed to only be able to claim "And then my chair went a bit wobbly", it's not really one to thrill the grandkids with is it?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 14:26:45 »

From The Swindon Adver news site.

Posted by: martynp, Volpe Close, Swindon on 10:08am today

"Oh my god, it was amazing. The Earth certainly did move for me. It was quite orgasmic. I was making love to my wife and the shaking of the property just enthrilled the whole moment of passion. When is the next one due......
Oh my god, it was amazing.

The Earth certainly did move for me. It was quite orgasmic. I was making love to my wife and the shaking of the property just enthrilled the whole moment of passion.

When is the next one due......"

Soapy Tit Wank
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 18:52:29 »

My second earthquake, both in Leicester.  This one woke me and the missus up.  Frit me it did (as they say up here).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
mattboyslim

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 18:55:30 »

Quote from: "donkey"
My second earthquake, both in Leicester.  This one woke me and the missus up.  Frit me it did (as they say up here).

Mine too, the GF tried to convince me that there was a quake I rolled over and went back to sleep.  My first was the 8.0 one in peru last summer, that was a proper seismic moment.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 19:11:34 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Quote from: "donkey"

Mine too, the GF tried to convince me that there was a quake I rolled over and went back to sleep.  My first was the 8.0 one in peru last summer, that was a proper seismic moment.

You, sir, are a swordsman...me a mere amateur.  I salute you.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 19:46:44 »

I must have been fast asleep when the the "Big one" in Indonesia hit, because other people said that their bed was shaking and stuff, although I did get rather heavilly drunk the night before (It was Christmas after all). I did get a tad wet though.

Whilst I was in Malaysia a few months ago I missed one in Bangkok, the misses was in BKK at the time though and it freaked her out a bit.

Earthquakes in Indonesia seem to be a very regular occurrence with a big'un (7 - 8.5ish) every 2 months or so. Each time there is a governmant warning which send the coastal population scampering for the mountains, for obvious reasons.

Considering my lack of job prospects in Bangkok I have decided to look outside of BKK, and knowing that I would get forewarned of a possible tsunami in Phuket has encouraged me to have a butchers there for jobs.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 19:59:40 »

Also.

I once had a Fillipino GF, it was a very short lived affair and I would not reccomend a fillipino GF to anybody, but that's a different story.

But anyway, during my time with her I learned that Earthquakes are a common affair and mandatorilly they all the the exact procedure's of what to do should an Earthquake happen.

Apparently things like laying under the bed are a big no no because you could become crushed/trapped by falling debris.

Apparently the most sensible and safe thing to do is to stand in a door-frame which for whatever reason offers much protection.

I'd still be tempted to go for the "Under the bed" option myself though.
my-velocity

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 20:03:26 »

Can't belive people are making such a big deal about this, i bet some people phoned work to say they ain't coming in because of it. Absolutely stupid.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2008, 20:06:30 »

Quote from: "my-velocity"
Can't belive people are making such a big deal about this, i bet some people phoned work to say they ain't coming in because of it. Absolutely stupid.

It had crossed my mind to pull an emotional sickie.

I decided against though as I realised that my boss would have told me to fuck-off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: