Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: taking back replica shirts  (Read 3532 times)
SwindonStevo

« on: Tuesday, February 12, 2008, 23:54:10 »

nobody else have a problem with this today? i sent the following email to the club due to what happened. but OTT to be fair but oh well im pissed off and want a replacement

"Dear Sir/Maddam

I am writing to express my great displeasure at the treatment by the STFC Superstore on 12 February 2008.

As told on your website, article posted 12 February REPLICA SHIRT UPDATE.

I was told by the cashier that it would only be valid if I had a receipt that was less than three months old. At no point in he article on the website was this stated. The cashier said she would find a print off to prove me wrong, I invited her to do this and she backtracked claiming she had lost the print out. The website in fact was quite contradictory to this stating

"Credit Note Policy - The club will issue a credit note for the full value of the shirt, in situations where the 07/08 sponsor's logo has faded. The credit note will be valid for until 30th Sept 2008. The credit note will not be restricted to Lotto products.
Lotto is confident that the problem has been resolved at point of manufacture and a new consignment of shirts is being delivered and the shirts in stock will be replaced.
Once again Swindon Town Football Club would like to apologise to it's supporters for any problems experienced. "

no mention of receipts (i may be able to produce proof of purchase if this was paid by my debit card, but this is irrelevant as this is a club issue and as far as i'm aware shirts cannot be purchased elsewhere) or a time limit.....just the fact that there is an estimated 400 faulty shirts and all will be replaced.

The whole thing is a fiasco, not only were the shirts comically sub par for a professional football club. As it stands I have been into the club shop before to enquire about the faulty shirt where the sponsor came off after one wash.

I was told that nothing could be done about this and all the shirts were the same, if it was replaced the same thing would happen and that I ‘washed the shirt at too high a temperature’ I see you are now including washing instructions for these incredibly temperamental shirts, however this is no used to me now that I have a shirt with no sponsor than the club shop refuses to exchange. The shirt was simply washed the same way all the other shirts I have had worn since my birth without issue. To add insult to injury I now get told that only shirts purchased within the last three months will be refunded/exchanged, also something not mentioned on the website. Mine was purchased more than this but despite several trips to the shop to be fobbed off apparently this is worthless.

Surely this club under new ownership will reimburse a loyal fan for the rip off sub par merchandise that was offered by the previous regime….unsurprisingly in all honesty, it was not uncommon for them to cut corners to save money.

On a brighter note I was pleased to hear in the ten point plan set out by the new Andrew Fitton, Jeremy Wray and co. That the club superstore is under review and will be looked to be improved. Hopefully greater communication between senior management making the decisions and the online website and STFC superstore is included in this. All this said I have extreme faith in the new board to eradicate things like this that have constantly annoyed, irritated and aggravated supporters in the past. Please repay my faith in this occasion. I look forward to your response."
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 00:48:16 »

I'd laugh at that then put it in the bin. It reads like you've written it as Alan Partridge.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 01:03:48 »

It seems a bit long for me to attempt to read. That's a bad start. I presume it's something about taking back replica shirts. And not in some spiritual we're taking back our home land you mother fuckers sort of way. Or Porch Monkey.

I can't really be arsed to read it, but I suggest threatening to write to the BBC's brilliant consumer watchdog programme, I think it's called Watchdog or something. I've heard that works.
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 01:08:57 »

Oh if by some madness I was wrong and it was a spiritual shirt taking back you were after then....

AMEN Brother, let's take back our replica shirts from these soulless corporations. FAN POWER!

I hope I've been of some use.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:13:29 »

Way over the top. And I'm almost certain that it said something in the article about having to be within the last 3 months. And if you did wash it incorrectly (according to the washing instructions on the label) you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Hope that helps  Cheesy
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:21:19 »

let us know of any response, mines fucked and has only ever been hand washed - chances of finding receipt - zero

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:24:19 »

first year for ages i didn't bother buying my kids the strip.looks shit and seems the quality is too.we can thank the old board for that.doing it on the cheap for maximum revenue.
dont think its fair to ask the new board to cough up.is it only the sponsors transfer coming off?if so does it really matter?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:35:44 »

the quality of the shirt itself is good, better than lonsdale IMO  - its only the printing that is the problem
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:54:12 »

I've had home and away kits since August with no problem.

Still hoping next seasons are better, it was about this time last season we had the vote wasn't it? Should be seeing some new designs soon...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:56:36 »

Its all about the stitching as opposed to the printing.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:57:47 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Still hoping next seasons are better, it was about this time last season we had the vote wasn't it? Should be seeing some new designs soon...

I believe these shirts are in place for two years, so they'll be next seasons as well.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:57:59 »

They seem to have sorted out the printing on the black kit. My red top, and it's subsequent replacement were fucked, the latter on first wear before washing.

In all honesty I'm more fucked of with Lotto's shoddy quality/manufacturing process than the club. Clearly the red/white shirts are not fit for purpose and should have been recalled and replaced FOC by the manufacturer.

If you want to go all 'Partridge':

If it's within 6 months of purchase the onus is on the retailer to prove it wasn't faulty at purchase (sale of goods act). Which given the number of returns it clearly was. Also,  I don't think you need a receipt as proof of purchase. If you paid cash you could be screwed, but a bank statement or credit card statement should do (legally).

Having said that, I can't be arsed to take it back now. I just peeled all the Kingswood stuff that was left off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 12:58:49 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"

I believe these shirts are in place for two years, so they'll be next seasons as well.

Really, oh well. Unless our sponsor goes bust in the meantime.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 13:39:38 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"

I thought these were only 1 year jobbies as per previous seasons, I think the Black one was a 2 year effort being as it was a 3rd kit.

It would be nice to go back to the home and away kits being rotated when changed, i.e. 1 year the home shirt, next year the away is changed.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 15:50:35 »

Surely football shirts look better without sponsors logos on them anyway. If it's come off, I'd consider it a bonus.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: