Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meth.  (Read 6464 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:02:23 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I've considered it, although it's one of those things which is easier to think about than actually getting started.

In my final attempt of a year at uni, one of my mates made some cider. I always used to be sceptical about tales of lethal home brew; being generally of the opinion that it was probably a placebo effect of a home brew = bad attitude. This stuff got be pretty battered after 4 pints and I wasn't averse to drinking bottles of the old white ace / frosty jacks / other example of tramp drink at the time.

Happy days.

My tramp drink used to be sweet fruity wine, that lived in plastic barrells in the local off licence....you had to fill up your own bottle.  Dirt cheap....blackcurrant was my favourite, like a cross between ribena and cough mixture.   Speaking of which, a bottle of benylin can give you a fair hit.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:08:09 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
Back to my question though, if I may.

How much does somebody need to drink, and in what timeframe for them to become clinically alcoholic?Huh???

Christiano Roberto did it rather quick didn't he?, was he puring vodka on his cornflakes or something?

Interesting question - I don't have an answer but I'm hoping somebody has!  I can happily drink a bottle of wine an evening which is about 9 units so 62 units a week which is more than double the "safe" limit for a bloke.  I don't get the urge to drink at lunchtime or at breakfast just in the evening so I wouldn't classify my self as alcohol dependant.  But if the limits are right I'm not doing my liver any favours
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:44:45 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
Back to my question though, if I may.

How much does somebody need to drink, and in what timeframe for them to become clinically alcoholic?Huh???

Christiano Roberto did it rather quick didn't he?, was he puring vodka on his cornflakes or something?

Interesting question - I don't have an answer but I'm hoping somebody has!  I can happily drink a bottle of wine an evening which is about 9 units so 62 units a week which is more than double the "safe" limit for a bloke.  I don't get the urge to drink at lunchtime or at breakfast just in the evening so I wouldn't classify my self as alcohol dependant.  But if the limits are right I'm not doing my liver any favours

Right,

So you get through a bottle of wine a night. Which as you rightly say is too much (Although we are probably talking long long term effects, kindneys liver and stuff).

I do a crate of beer a night which is how many units?? And I am not a big bloke either. (I am also not boasting, I don't that drinking too much is anything to boast about).

So if a person like myself who weighs about 10 stone, drinks a crate of beer a night with optional spirits at the weekend, for several months (With the occassional break).

SURELY, people who become dependant must REALLY REALLY cane it as if on a mission!!!
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:52:13 »

How many bottles in a crate and what size are the bottles.??  I had a think about this from another angle - how many nights have I had without a bottle of wine over the past 5 years?  About 3!! and I'm about the same weght and size as you by the sound of it.  I reckon I'm probably more psychologically addicted to booze than physically as when I'm out and driving I won't touch a drop until the car is safely tucked away
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:02:53 »

Its very easy to become dependant on things, be it drugs or alcohol.  Some peopel will often lapse and go back onto things if bad things happen in life, be it stress break up of a relationship, family issues etc.

Things are ok in moderation, just make sure you are in control of the things instead of the things being in controld of you.  I could get extremely deep on here but as its public its best not too.

The big thing would be to test yourselves like BR said

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:13:23 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
 I could get extremely deep on here but as its public its best not too.

My name is Bushey Boy....I'm an......
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:21:44 »

Thank you

Sussex

« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:23:49 »

Indeed. An awful lot of people have got demons/addictions, which we deal with in our own way.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:27:06 »

Quote from: "Sussex"

Indeed. An awful lot of people have got demons/addictions, which we deal with in our own way.

Yep I just ignore them.

Id imagine im classed as an alcoholic,but I dont drink when im working.4 on 4 off... perfect

/
W56196272
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:27:08 »

Bloody right, hence why I have sympathy for addicts in some circumstances.

Alcohol I would say is easy to get addicted too, an example when your back froma  weeks holiday you feel depressed as your not drinking when you get back

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:28:58 »

Quote from: "Sussex"

Yep....I smack the demons on the head with a baseball bat...little buggers get everywhere.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:30:13 »

Ive seen reg out, I reckon hes an addict, proper wreck head hes my hero  Cheesy

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:32:46 »

I haven't had anything to drink today, but after reading this I really want to.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:40:51 »

I don't drink in the week any more. Need to start cutting down at the weekends.

Don't feel the need to go out and get battered but it can still be good fun. I just go with the flow.

Really considering doing a Bennett though.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 11, 2008, 22:46:28 »

what pussying out of saturday nights?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: