Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise to Toon  (Read 7250 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 15:47:22 »

McAllister has been appointed manager now. That was quick  :?
Dazzza

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 15:50:55 »

Bloody hell that was quick.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 17:31:32 »

The mood here in the North East is probably the same as when Wise joined Swindon or Leeds - well the mood of those who have always loathed Dennis Wise that is.

I would certainly say that the euphoria (and it was, it was mental) of Keegan's return has fallen flat already because of the appointment of Mr. Wise.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 13:44:26 »

Wise has never been loyal, he walked out on Milwall, Swindon and now Leeds, his managerial record is poor though as he has never hung around.

I hear his reason for leaving Leeds was that he was getting fed up with day to day football management  
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:48:36 »

Looks like Kev and Dennis are getting on fine in their press photo:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z84/axs0/KevDen.jpg
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, February 1, 2008, 14:11:32 »

Daily Mail in humour shocker:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=511666&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 22:33:19 »

newcastle were shit again today and lucky to draw.
they need millions spent on that team
JPC82

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 22:34:37 »

Quote from: "arriba"
newcastle were shit again today and lucky to draw.
they need millions spent on that team

only Given Milner N'Zogbia have played well this season

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, February 3, 2008, 22:38:55 »

they had players at the top of their games last time king kev was there.not a load of top clubs rejects and has beens.
their fans are fucking deluded and will end up disapointed.knowlegable?like fuck!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 00:19:35 »

To be fair arriba I think they're knowledgeable enough to realise they're going nowhere with the "rejects and has-beens" they've been getting for a while now and it was a big part of why they were fed up with Shepherd.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 07:37:36 »

their fans are fucking deluded and will end up disapointed.knowlegable?like fuck!

What paper do you base that statement on?

I come from a land down-under

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 10:51:38 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"

What paper do you base that statement on?

none!its my own personal opinion.
there are a few newcastle fans to be fair that can see things for what they are.they have said near enough the same as me.
i dont think kevin keegan will get them anywhere near their expectations.
unless he has an open cheque book of course.
remember,even with the wealth of talent he had at his disposal in the 90s he blew it.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 19:59:43 »

Dennis Wise says that he will not poke his nose into Kevin Keegan’s business at Newcastle United. His primary duty is to build up the youth academy and it is accepted that, in the short term, the club may have to buy their future, plucking the best youngsters from smaller clubs. With that in mind, what was Wise doing sitting next to Chris Mort, the chairman, during Newcastle’s match at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday? What was the point of attending a first-team match?

A short way down the M4, Swindon Town were playing Middlesbrough in the FA Youth Cup. Middlesbrough are believed to have one of the best academy set-ups in the country, yet Swindon won 2-0. Not a bad place to start scouting, then, for a club looking to cherry-pick their youth team. And how less intrusive Wise would have appeared had he been there, rather than perched by the side of Mike Ashley’s powerbroker in the directors’ box, overseeing another awkward 90 minutes for the manager.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article3300671.ece
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, February 4, 2008, 20:10:24 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Dennis Wise says that he will not poke his nose into Kevin Keegan’s business at Newcastle United. His primary duty is to build up the youth academy and it is accepted that, in the short term, the club may have to buy their future, plucking the best youngsters from smaller clubs. With that in mind, what was Wise doing sitting next to Chris Mort, the chairman, during Newcastle’s match at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday? What was the point of attending a first-team match?

A short way down the M4, Swindon Town were playing Middlesbrough in the FA Youth Cup. Middlesbrough are believed to have one of the best academy set-ups in the country, yet Swindon won 2-0. Not a bad place to start scouting, then, for a club looking to cherry-pick their youth team. And how less intrusive Wise would have appeared had he been there, rather than perched by the side of Mike Ashley’s powerbroker in the directors’ box, overseeing another awkward 90 minutes for the manager.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article3300671.ece

I'm sure noone at the County Ground would have noticed!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: