Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise to Toon  (Read 7229 times)
DMR

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 12:09:23 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Brilliant, shame it's taken the edge of our meeting with Leeds, but funny as you like.  Great to see Bates lose his little mate.

I hope Leeds struggle now, another season in League 1 will do them good.

Bassett in temp charge of Leeds then?  Ha ha, it gets better and better.

As for Newcastle would love to see them carry on doing crap.

Word  Cool
kaufman

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 12:43:06 »

said on bbc radio that swindon are to be given an amount from leeds as some sort of sell on clause

interesting
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 13:29:43 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
said on bbc radio that swindon are to be given an amount from leeds as some sort of sell on clause

interesting

That's great if that's true. Leeds are getting 1 mill from Newcastle for him. Maybe we can use some of it to up our bid for Cox?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 13:35:37 »

Interesting.  That's the first time I've heard of a managerial sell on clause.
Dazzza

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 13:42:16 »

Arf, poor old Keegan he sounded bewildered by it all on the radio.

It sounds like Newcastle have been trying to tap-up the poison dwarf for a while only to eventually get their man and appoint him above the messiah’s head.

I suspect the Wise also clocked that the wheels were coming off his Leeds campaign and that Arry’ was in fact no match for Gus who appears to be getting very highly rated as a coach.  Perhaps the midget was nowt but a muppet for the Uruguayan pulling the strings?

Nice move if we get a bit of cash as well.

Sussex

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 13:54:03 »

£1.5m a year. Nice work if you can get it.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2248462,00.html
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:03:24 »

Rumours in Yorkshire press that McAllister in talks about the Leeds job. I was hoping they'd get Bassett as caretaker.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:03:51 »

Chris Moyles was having a right old rant about it this morning on my way to work - he was also moaning about SSPs "90th" minute goal!
dell boy

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:12:06 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Rumours in Yorkshire press that McAllister in talks about the Leeds job. I was hoping they'd get Bassett as caretaker.

McAllister said to be in talks over Leeds United job - and Bassett quits

FORMER Leeds United playing legend Gary McAllister is a huge odds-on favourite to be named as the next manager following rumours he is in talks with the club.
SkyBet has slashed the odds on the man known throughout his career as 'the enforcer' to 6-1 on, with other bookmakers suspending betting altogether.

McAllister spent six years at Elland Road as a player in the early 90s before leaving for Coventry City, where he was player-manager before standing down in 2004 for personal reasons.

Meanwhile, the club have confirmed that assistant manager Dave Bassett will leave Leeds United before tonight's match at Southend with technical director Gwyn Williams taking charge.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:16:19 »

what a ridiculous appointment by newcastle.they are fucking deluded up there.king kev wont deliver what they expect for starters.adding wise with keegan not having a clue about it is laughable.
red macca

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:23:00 »

15 points
Who gives a fuck
Dennis and gus
Have stitched you up

Cheesy  Not laughing now are they the cunts
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:24:31 »

hope the FL take off 10 more for their legal challenge - would love it if they stayed in League One for another year. Attendance starts dropping off, can't fund decent players, start slipping down the table and never recover.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:47:34 »

Quote from: "red macca"
15 points
Who gives a fuck
Dennis and gus
Have stitched you up

Cheesy  Not laughing now are they the cunts

15 points
Who gives a fuck
Wise has gone
To fuck the toons up  
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 14:48:23 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
I suspect the Wise also clocked that the wheels were coming off his Leeds campaign

Or maybe Bates is looking to sell up this summer and tipped little Den off "if you want to go, don't let me hold you back". Lot of foreign money sloshing round at the moment looking for English clubs to invest in - if Derby can attract a buyer, surely Leeds are just as enticing a prospect? And if Bates senses an opportunity to cash in he'll be off quicker than a mongoose up a whippet. or something
Dazzza

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2008, 15:43:03 »

I'd have thought he'd have pushed for Chelsea Village mark II or maybe that’s the problem after the Council started playing hard ball with his development plans back in December.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: