Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No new players before the weekend  (Read 3406 times)
lambourn red

« on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 09:00:30 »

According to the adver we will not be signing anyone before Saturday because the emabrgo will be lifted today, I thought it was already lifted.

"Meanwhile, Town face a race against time to add a striker and a defender on loan before Saturday's home clash with Nottingham Forest.

The current transfer embargo is expected to be lifted today but that is expected to be too late for Byrne and Malpas to bring in fresh blood in time to play against Forest."
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 09:22:49 »

I thought they had one ready to sign on loan? They've got two days! If it's already so far ahead it should be no problem.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 10:18:50 »

sounds like excuses already .. you dont need to sign anyone until 24 hours before the match .. 3pm Friday

surely we have people lined up?? What have Byrne and Malpas been doing?? Sitting on their hands??

Sturrock plays again then!  :-))(
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 10:20:11 »

think the adver is guessing again. If they have two players lined up, there is no reason they wont sign in time for saturday providing the embargo is lifted today.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 10:20:26 »

There was a player at the club last week looking around apparently.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 10:38:52 »

The lifting of the embargo was agreed in principle on Tuesday but needed formal ratification at the football league meeting this afternoon. At least that's how I read it.

Agreed there is no reason why they can't get a player in still. I guess there are the formalities of medical, paperwork, insurance, etc to go through which you would think would be done already, but I have no idea how long dotting the i's and crossing the t's with the FL takes.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 11:33:28 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
sounds like excuses already .. you dont need to sign anyone until 24 hours before the match .. 3pm Friday

surely we have people lined up?? What have Byrne and Malpas been doing?? Sitting on their hands??

Yes glad there was direct quotes from both Byrne and Malpas and its not just idle speculation from the adver oh........FFS fatters I really hope you are not going to jump on everything like this for the next few months.

A deal was agreed in principle for a loan player last week so I would envisage that player should be here by the weekend, if he's not and we have to wait a few days who gives a shit, give them a chance :wall:
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 11:53:39 »

give them a fucking break will you and change the fucking record.
he's been in the job a day and your already jumping down there necks.

sorry we aren't run like arsenal where they have millions at there disposal and can sign people like Henry, Bergkamp, Fabrigas etc

if your only here cos it's convenient i'd rather you fucked off and not say anything cos you are irritating at times and talk total bollox

sonic youth

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 12:03:30 »

hehehehe
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 12:46:40 »

Whe we do eventuallt start signing players we are supposed to be getting Anthony Mcnamee from Watford according to my mate who is a Watford fan.

This is what he said about him:

"Bags and bags of talent but has never done anything with it. Sensational one minute Selby the next. Plays on the left wing very skillful and puts in a great cross at times – but it can end up 20 rows back behind the goal at others. Doesn’t track back much either.
He’s never quite taken his chance coming through the youth academy so maybe moving on might give him a kick up the arrse"

Not sure how true it is as i'm always the last to hear about players signing!

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
fatbury

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 12:57:09 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"

sorry we aren't run like arsenal where they have millions at there disposal and can sign people like Henry, Bergkamp, Fabrigas etc

if your only here cos it's convenient i'd rather you fucked off and not say anything cos you are irritating at times and talk total bollox

If i was only here for convenience Id hardly have been going since 1979 ... If they do something good Ill be the first to congratulate them .. be sure of that!

And yes I will be giving 100 percent full support at the weekend whatever happens.

If I cant grumble on here tho basically I cant grumble!

Oh and when is the Malfoy question and answer session like Sturrock did??
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 13:01:23 »

If we can only sign players when the FL ratifies it at their board meeting then we are only really going to have late today or tomorrow to get the player in, and getting a player in that short space of time and getting it approved they will not have trained with the players so will not really know what is expected of them or who their team mates are etc.

As we are not that desperate for extra bodies then waiting to bring someone in early next week will be fine, as he will not be available for the cup game anyway.
fatbury

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 13:04:36 »

not that desperate?Huh? we only have Paynter and Sturrock as available strikers for Saturday!! Ok i guess you could move Roberts or Peacock (altho he is still doubtful) up there too ... but we should have been well ahead of the game - this takeover has been close for weeks now - why no irons in the fire whatsoever???
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 13:39:11 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"

:toppost:  :goodpost:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 17, 2008, 13:40:23 »

Agree with MR and Enda. Fatbury is annoying me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: