Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smith & Heywood to Shity  (Read 2758 times)
Dazzza

« on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 15:43:31 »

From the WDP:

Bristol City have also been linked with a move for Swindon's out-of-contract defender Matt Heywood, and manager Brian Tinnion refused to rule out a move for the duo.

"I won't be discussing any players I am going to try and get in the summer until I have actually signed them, " said Tinnion.

"I don't want to alert other people, I just want to get things done before anyone else knows.

"I have a list of players I am interested in but I will keep it to myself for now.

"Grant Smith is also one who is out of contract and if he is one (on the list) we will let you know when we sign him."

and...

Grant Smith has said he wants to stay at Swindon Town despite attracting the interest of a host of rival clubs. The gifted Scottish midfielder is out of contract this summer and the Daily Press understands he is being tracked by Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham, who are managed by former Swindon assistant manager Mick Harford.

&

I might be getting offered a contract so I will just wait and see what it is because there have been big cuts on the financial side. But I'd like to stay, " said Smith.

"A few people have enquired and asked to be kept informed of my situation but I cannot say who they are.

"I've really enjoyed the last six months at Swindon and I'd like to carry that on. You have to think of your future, but if the club offer anywhere near what I'm thinking, then I'd like to stay."

Could be a complete new line up the way things are going.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 15:45:34 »

We should be giving Smith a pretty good contract as he's one of the only midfield players we have who can score, and does a good job.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 15:55:31 »

Should be but we wont match what City have to offer.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 16:26:11 »

Way things are going we could end up like Oldham last season struggling to put a team out.

I think it's going to be absolutely vital to get the likes of Reeves, Woan, Iffy and even Digby registered for next season.

Hopefully it won't come to it but if needs be they can always make up squad numbers in a crisis.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 16:27:04 »

i spent 10 minutes working out what WDP meant  :|
Papa Smurf

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 17:00:11 »

I'd be gutted if smith left, he's been one of our best players this year. I'm so pissed off right now, especially with shitty coming in and waving their money about  :fu shitty! Really worried bout next year, likely to be no parkin, no smith, no heywood (played well recently) and no money to get decent replacments! even if we find a good bosman, im sure city will come in with a higher offer for wages and take him away from us braddley orr style!
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 17:08:31 »

Wouldn't worry what the WDP says too much, they clearly have a Swindon vendetta ...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 17:12:08 »

Just cos Shitty are interested in Smiffy doesn't mean he's going to go there.Calm down everyone

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Piemonte

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 17:52:59 »

Fucking great.

We're turning into brizzle's feeder club
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 20:09:23 »

classic shit new manager syndrome. snap up whoever plays well against us

officially blacker than the night.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 16, 2005, 20:16:07 »

the WDP never write anything decent, do they?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 02:18:26 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Way things are going we could end up like Oldham last season struggling to put a team out.

I think it's going to be absolutely vital to get the likes of Reeves, Woan, Iffy and even Digby registered for next season.

Hopefully it won't come to it but if needs be they can always make up squad numbers in a crisis.

I said (the oldham bit) ages and ages ago....sadly it seems to be coming true Crying
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 17:38:43 »

I think Smith, as well as Fallon has got some good support from the crowd and both want to stay and succeed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 20:58:33 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
I think Smith, as well as Fallon has got some good support from the crowd and both want to stay and succeed.

Sadly support from the crowd does pay the bills....
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 17, 2005, 22:01:49 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
the WDP never write anything decent, do they?

No. There's been an on-going row between the club and the paper, hence the shit stiring stories
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: