Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your best ever job then??  (Read 5016 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 19:40:22 »

If had a few good one's, but if I had to choose then I would say it was selling timeshare in Phuket.

I was with a good company (Not scam-artists), who had a great product to sell. Before my first month was over I got a warning that I was going to get sacked (I was useless), but then the next day I got a lucky deal which gave me the confidence that I needed and after that I was always in the top 3 (Out of 15) sales people.

Meeting new people, who where on their holiday was, and never will be boring and I got to me some fascinating people. I remember meeting one bloke who was a BBC camera man who tottered about with David Attenborough for his documentry's (sp). Considering that I love wildlife and stuff I could have listened to this bloke non-stop for a week.

The job itself consisted mainly of chatting and having a laugh with these people, to relax them and selling to them without them knowing it. And one reason that I love face to face sales is that you can physically see people being sold I.E. People changing from an arms crossed, leaning back position to an open armed, leaning forward position ect. I loved that so much that I got called into the office one day for smirking whilst on deck.

I never forget the day also that I made a grown man cry. I did nothing wrong to them in the slightest, asides was outwit them. When my boss came to my desk and asked for the money, he said no and when asked for a good reason why not he couldn't he could not give one and started weeping purely out of fustration. I should also tell you that both him and his wife where Investment Bankers and where therefore both well clever and minted. That couple bought nothing, yet I was still given about 100 quid as a bonus, just for doing a blinding job.

There ya go. And my god was this post not quite a bit longer than my "Worst job thread", I think that says alot about a good job don't it.

Job's can be great, Period.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 21:57:06 »

mine is now, gone from near bottom to pretty high up in 1billion+ company  in 3 years, and just spent all day on the piss, free in west london ,with 3 more days to go, and i'm just going back out for more
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:04:51 »

Mine was years ago, only for about 1 month, but i loved it.

I was employed to work in Digital (Compaq latterly) in Holborn, nights from 7pm until 7am stripping out electrics and then refitting. We used to go in at 7, do some work, go down the pub for a few hours, then go back to work. We'd finish the nightly quota by about 2am, then go back to bed in Golders Green.

We'd have all day free with full expenses. We'd just go to the Trocadero or something and play on the arcades all day. It was peak summer, so we'd also spend time lounging around with the odd pint and watching ladies. It was fucking superb!

Sometimes we'd finish late, so we'd sit on the roof of the building and make paper aeroplanes and all kinds of crap to throw off the top as the sun came up. The money was good and there was no bosses involved. It was a case of "here's your work tonight, be done by morning"! I could've done that for the rest of my life.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:09:09 »

The one I got now

Sad I know but I love it more than sleep
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:10:36 »

The job I'm doing now.

Ok, the money could be a little better, but I've got complete freedom as to when I work (As long as I do my 39 hours) will earn around 8 grand in traveling expenses (When it will actually cost me 3 grand tops) and basically swan around telling people what to do, without having to actually do anything myself Cool

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:13:22 »

Quote from: "herthab"
The job I'm doing now.

Ok, the money could be a little better, but I've got complete freedom as to when I work (As long as I do my 39 hours) will earn around 8 grand in traveling expenses (When it will actually cost me 3 grand tops) and basically swan around telling people what to do, without having to actually do anything myself Cool

word
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:14:22 »

In my early 20's I worked for a Car Parts place serving on the countrer and what not,a lad I worked with would bring in bang loads of Pills and we would spend all day crushing and snorting them in the Paint room Cheesy

I took 1/2 a trip at work with him once as well.I've no idea how we got away with it.

About 5 years later he became my Manager

/
W56196272
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:15:30 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"
In my early 20's I worked for a Car Parts place serving on the countrer and what not,a lad I worked with would bring in bang loads of Pills and we would spend all day crushing and snorting them in the Paint room Cheesy

I took 1/2 a trip at work with him once as well.I've no idea how we got away with it.

About 5 years later he became my Manager

Fucking hell mate......................  

That is ace
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:18:22 »

I think it says it all that the only time I can remember work being fun I was  off my face Oops

/
W56196272
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:21:36 »

Sussex

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:29:27 »

The one I'm doing now. Decided on my career choice on a school trip to Brunel University in Bristol aged 12, and worked towards it from then on. Currently Senior Art Editor of a big publishing company just outside London. Woot.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:32:11 »

They employ raging alcoholics?!?!?

Where do I apply?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:32:17 »

Quote from: "Sussex"
The one I'm doing now. Decided on my career choice on a school trip to Brunel University in Bristol aged 12, and worked towards it from then on. Currently Senior Art Editor of a big publishing company just outside London. Woot.

Yes, but your social life consists of masturbating while watching hamsters procreate, so it's not all good is it?

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:32:48 »

Driving a white van around all day.  Cool

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2008, 22:36:16 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
Driving a white van around all day.  Cool

Thanks mate
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: