Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fallon & roberts  (Read 2511 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:30:55 »

fallon's had such a rough ride this season i feel a bit sorry for him, it's just a shame he doesnt always play like last night. but what i do think is, as mentioned before, parkin and fallon get in each other's way.

parkin leaving may pave the way for fallon to become our number 1 "centre forward" with what looks like a perfect partner in roberts (pace, trickery, vision) alongside him. with roberts doing the unlocking of the defence and rory banging them in.

it would be a massive gamble to rely on fallon for a main goal scoring outlet though, but a roberts/fallon partnership does, in theory, look ideal for a league 1 strikeforce.

again i wouldnt really be confident in him though so i dont really see what im saying  Cheesy

officially blacker than the night.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:34:10 »

Caton and Roberts would be better
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:34:36 »

In reply to Dex not Ralphy

The very same thoughts have ocurred to me.....but I thought Ifil/ O'Hanlon was going to be quality in this league, and Nicho was going to become a sought after player.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:37:10 »

Nicho should have played all season and not bloody Duke.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:39:48 »

No way Dukey's been great this season.  

Nicho's a waste of space, his attitude sucks and I'm glad he's found his level down at the bottom end of League 2.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:40:22 »

Who's gonna bite first?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:42:25 »

I'll agree to disagree  Cheesy
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:42:44 »

The Nich-afia aint gonna like that one bit Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:23:30 »

I thought about it last night dex, but neither are going to score 20 goals a season and without those we'd be fucked.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:31:46 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
I thought about it last night dex, but neither are going to score 20 goals a season and without those we'd be fucked.

You don't necessarily need 20 goal strikers to be successful, but rather goals from different players.....when Plymuff won L2 equalling our record 102 points their leading scorer was Coughlin the CB with 11.

When they won L1 last season the leading scorer was Friio CM with 14.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:36:11 »

Aye, but unless we have 11 new first team players next season there's not a single player in the team - outside of the strikers - capable of scoring more than five goals, except for Smithy. We simply don't have the personnel to have a team that scores all over the pitch, we rely too heavily on our strikers.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:36:22 »

But if they could manage to scrape together, say 30 goals between them, with Smith crashing home double figures (maybe even top scorer if we get a few more pens next season), and a third stiker (Caton?) nabbing 7 or 8, then we wouldn't be in too bad a situation.

Obviously the top priority for next season is to not concede as many goals, so if they manage this then we could yet be somewhere near last seasons success.

We really do need Fallon and Roberts fit and on-song all season though, which I fear may not be the case.

Somehow I am managing to convince myself, at least, whether anyone else is going to subscribe to my way of thinking is, of course, a completely different story.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:42:15 »

Aye, but unless we have 11 new first team players next season there's not a single player in the team - outside of the strikers - capable of scoring more than five goals, except for Smithy. We simply don't have the personnel to have a team that scores all over the pitch, we rely too heavily on our strikers.

GS has shown he can score goals  from CM, BH if still around and can get his ass in gear should get some more.

I think its pointless Matty Heywood going forward for corners as he can't jump......you'd fancy the Beast for a few and Sean O has shown he is good for a few.

Its inevitable that we are going to have to look at different strategies, because realistically SSP is irreplaceable with our resources unless we get very very lucky.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:47:19 »

Heywood can strike a ball though, he should score more than he does. I just don't have enough confidence in the majority of our team to score regularly enough, although I'm willing to be proved wrong.

I still think Parkin won't leave. I'm deluded.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:00:05 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
In reply to Dex not Ralphy

So why are you not talking to Ralphy then Reg?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: