Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tozer off  (Read 3339 times)
mattboyslim

« on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 10:38:31 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.1907937.0.tozer_off_to_toon.php

Not that gutted, provided the cash goes to the right place (ie post takeover).  He's played barely a handful of games and that represents a good return considering he's been at the club less than a year.  Obviously if it goes to re-doing someon's drive then it's not so good, but having seen Tozer I could see him not turnign out that great after all, and we'd be ruing the cash we might have had.  Good luck to the lad, a situation that is out of our hands to a certain extent, you can't stop anyone moving to a prem team.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 10:42:53 »

he's not even that good! Does leave us a little bare at center back though

Things get better but they never get good
kaufman

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 10:46:05 »

as i said in the other thread, i think this will be the current boards farewell payment.
lambourn red

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 10:49:21 »

Newcastle must have more money than sense, how can a kid who has played 3 games in League 1 and not even been that impressive be worth 1.1 million. If this is the deal that secures the Fitton takeover then I am not to upset at losing Tozer
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 10:49:43 »

Tozer is pretty rubbish at the moment anyway. I can see the potential, but without a club then that won't be realised at Swindon anyway. I just hope it doesn't mean the Board hang on because of it, which is what I suspect could happen.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 10:50:43 »

1.1m is suspiciously close to the amount we need to pay off Bill Power, if indeed it was a loan, is it not?

I suppose that could seal the deal with Fitton.
lambourn red

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:01:06 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
1.1m is suspiciously close to the amount we need to pay off Bill Power, if indeed it was a loan, is it not?

I suppose that could seal the deal with Fitton.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head, this deal does seem very conveniently timed. For the first time in weeks I actually reckon the Fitton deal is going to go through tomorrow I dont know why but just a got a gut feeling that we may finally be rid of MD and SSW
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:02:26 »

I have a feeling the Greek is staying. If BP is paid off, then Fitton can buy Wills' shares and get control, but the Greek can still remain.

It seals the deal because Diamandis never wanted to sell his shares for face value.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:04:50 »

I hope it is all concluded tomorrow or before the next match. Then we need a half-decent manager to come in (I want Martin Allen but whoever) to shake the squad up and bring the feel good factor back.

The thing is Williams and Bryne are part of the group and as such do not have the respect of the players by the looks of things, they don't seem to take them seriously. A new manager from outside will force the players to play for their future again

I come from a land down-under
Lumps

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:07:08 »

I think everyones ignoring the fact that there's no way on earth the quoted £1.1m will be an up front payment.

I'd expect that, like the Everton deal for Lucas, there'd be an upfront of  £300-400K and the rest in installments based on appearances etc.

Ordinarily that's not great, but in these circumstances it's the way I'd want things.
mattboyslim

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:08:21 »

Agree with much of what is said, losing a player like Tozer does not at the current time significantly weaken the starting 11 IMHO if all fit (especially with Willaims somewhere near fir, and vincent soon to be back), and if it facilitates a takeover and new manager than it can only be good news, having seen the game yesterday it was wholly evident that we need a coach and soon.
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:14:55 »

Over a million quid for a crap left back just goes to show how much we got mugged selling LJ at a knock-down rate.
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:44:45 »

If the Board taking the money from this means they will fuck off then i'll take that.

Don't rate the kid anyway.
sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 12:42:36 »

i think my exact words to lee peacock last night were "who gives a fuck about tozer?"

meh
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 16, 2007, 18:25:13 »

I suspect the deal is half up front and the rest is dependant on clauses so a potential of 1.1m if he plays for England or makes a 1st team appearance etc.

I suspect there is something here to do with the current lot - like the get to use it to pay Power or solicitor fee's or something.

Either way I would expect Fitton to tell us what the deal is when he takes over as he has said he will be open and honest.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: