Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New hope  (Read 6223 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:54:02 »

I think DV is right here.....as far as I'm concerned yesterday marked the end of STFC, as teh club we knew and used to love....its just now a case of making the demise formal.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:55:21 »

I agree with you Reg, for some reason i just don't see this takeover happening, although a miracle could happen.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:59:24 »

I don't believe a thing until I see it, but a glimmer is a better than liquidation
Barry Scott

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:06:43 »

Fucking hell there's a lot of pessimism about. Chin up, good stuff can happen.

I for one won't be wallowing in pity and feeling sorry for myself (and for my club) until it's gone. Nothing will stop me believing that the club is finished until i see that it is finished.

This is good news and despite many false dawns, i will believe every single dawn with the same level of hope and happiness i showed to the previous.

I'm not ignoring the facts, i'm just not letting it make me negative.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:14:23 »

Excellent progress can and may have been made in a room with everyone chatting.  It's what happens when Fitton is not in that room that is the crux of the matter, they've already agreed the deal once so in fact we are further behind than we were in November.

This all boils down to how scared this made Wills, if at all.  Lets not forget though that Fitton did mention even if the owners wanted to sort out one of the stumbling blocks they might not know how to.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:22:39 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
Fucking hell there's a lot of pessimism about. Chin up, good stuff can happen.

I for one won't be wallowing in pity and feeling sorry for myself (and for my club) until it's gone. Nothing will stop me believing that the club is finished until i see that it is finished.

This is good news and despite many false dawns, i will believe every single dawn with the same level of hope and happiness i showed to the previous.

I'm not ignoring the facts, i'm just not letting it make me negative.

Personally I'm not feeling particularly negative.....in the scheme of things losing a football club is insignificant....time to get over it and move on.  I am worried though about the TEF.
Barry Scott

« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:35:54 »

As are we all. Cool Everything will come through. It has to! Either that or we can gloat in the misery inflicted on the board via the courts.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:37:51 »

Quote from: "DV"
we got told the BEST takeover was complete...

By the club and not BEST. This is coming from Fitton himself. Yes it's far from done but there is still hope. Maybe just maybe Mike D and SSW have finally woken up to the prospect of having no money if they don't sell.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:39:32 »

Oh and in the same way people are saying they won't believe it until it happens (which is understandable and fair enough) I won't believe it's the end until it is the end. Although i'm doomed to pessimism like the rest of us but i guess that isn't hard given the circumstances.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:40:07 »

But BEST were happy to parade around on the pitch, bro.

The club could have said, we'll sign the deal and then never did. Same could happen again. I hope these are positive developments though and it was evident Fitton probably wouldn't walk away so easily.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:46:50 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
But BEST were happy to parade around on the pitch, bro.

The club could have said, we'll sign the deal and then never did. Same could happen again. I hope these are positive developments though and it was evident Fitton probably wouldn't walk away so easily.

That's true. This time the same won't happen. The club have learned now that Fitton is not to be messed with.
lebowski

« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:49:00 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
That's true. This time the same won't happen. The club have learned now that Fitton is not to be messed with.

have they though?

if this takeover doesn't go through, then at least we will all have seen bob holt shit himself in that press statement that went out yesterday.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 18:51:00 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"

have they though?

if this takeover doesn't go through, then at least we will all have seen bob holt shit himself in that press statement that went out yesterday.

Well you don't call up Fitton the next day begging him to come back if your not desperate do you? They won't want it happening again. And if they do then they are more deluded than i thought.
sonic youth

« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 19:17:02 »

do you guys still believe this shit?
i'm surprised you still care now you play on saturdays.

fitton called their bluff. it appears to have worked.

unfortunately we're back at square one and the chances of unrealistic and moronic last minute demands arising this time are as high as ever...so really the last 24 hours have been irrelevent.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 23:32:22 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
do you guys still believe this shit?
i'm surprised you still care now you play on saturdays.

fitton called their bluff. it appears to have worked.

unfortunately we're back at square one and the chances of unrealistic and moronic last minute demands arising this time are as high as ever...so really the last 24 hours have been irrelevent.

to be honest i've prepared myself for the worst, so ive pretty much programmed myself not to care anymore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: