Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New hope  (Read 6201 times)
Maverick

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 16:20:48 »

TOWN fans were given a glimmer of hope regarding their club's future this afternoon, following round-the-table talks between Andrew Fitton and the owners the Wills family.

Ramsbury businessman Fitton emerged from the lunchtime summit with Sir Seton Wills, son James and family advisor Mike Diamandis to tell the Swindon Advertiser only that "excellent progress'' had been made.

Fitton refused to elaborate further on the details of the meeting and declined to set a timeframe for any deal to be done, but was hopeful "it would not take a long time.''

Adver website update

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 16:23:09 »

i was expecting master luke to save us
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 16:25:12 »

I don't ant to start getting all optimistic again just to be brought crashing down.

I'll remain pissed off and negative until a deal is done............................

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 16:29:36 »

I will remain positive until things take a more sinister route.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 16:38:39 »

Well that's positive. I think most now realise that it's Fitton or Bust.  let's just hope that the Wills have seen sense.

From the Dark Side
kevjoycreed

« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:04:56 »

Seems a bit strange that yesterday Fitton was quite certain that the deal was dead and very unlikely to be resurected yet today is sat back round the table discussing terms.

So putting a slightly different spin on it...........

Perhaps yesterdays goings on were all planned by Fitton in a toy throwing do it my way or I'm taking my toys home and not playing kind of way. A sort of very public, pull your fingers out and do a deal warning to SSW and co, sparking mad panic amongst fans, staff and directors alike thus cranking up the pressure and getting the process kick started again.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:10:38 »

Well so far it's worked a fucking treat.

Fingers crossed he's in charge before the new year.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:15:37 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Well so far it's worked a fucking treat.

Fingers crossed he's in charge before the new year.

Its a bit too obvious for Diamond Mike to take,  his bottom line is being quite happy to see the club go under......no doubt he'll pull out all the stops to achieve this.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:15:40 »

My take is that what has happened is exactly what he (Fitton) has said happened. They tried it on, he pulled out.  
Holt panics & says to Wills you need to put some money in or we are trading insolvently, & will have to close the club or go to jail.  Wills suddenly envisages a life where he has to earn a living & agrees to meet.
How it pans out, is down to how much Wills listens to Diamandis. I should imagine his wife would have something to say about it too.
As was posted earlier.... Deal or No Deal.

At the very least now most supporters are fully aware of exactly what the scum running our club are about.

From the Dark Side
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:26:31 »

do you guys still believe this shit?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:30:44 »

Quote from: "DV"
do you guys still believe this shit?

Oh do fuck off, end of the day this is our LAST hope.

Yes we have been stitched but even Diamandis and Wills can now see that Fitton wont be fucked about,. They know its the last chance saloon I feel.

I am not positive about it but it is something more than we had 24 hours ago.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:34:26 »

come on Gaz, how many times have we heard the same tired lines over and over and over again.

I fail to believe any of the statements with regards to the take over. Only when the headline reads DIAMANDIS & WILLS FUCK OFF FOREVER will I sit up and take notice, and even then I wont believe the damn thing unless I drive them out of the County Ground myself.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:38:46 »

come on Gaz, how many times have we heard the same tired lines over and over and over again.

I fail to believe any of the statements with regards to the take over. Only when the headline reads DIAMANDIS & WILLS FUCK OFF FOREVER will I sit up and take notice, and even then I wont believe the damn thing unless I drive them out of the County Ground myself.

The fact Fitton said "excellent progress" has been made says something, I wouldnt beleive it if it came from the board. End of the day Fitton has shown he is smart, He is not a thick cunt and wont take people messing about, The board must have grovelled to him to go back as he said. They must be ready to do the deal under Fitton's terms or he wouldn't go back. He clearly stated that. The ball is clearly in Fittons court, Yes it is still a long shot but it is something...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:51:03 »

we got told the BEST takeover was complete...
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 17:51:58 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"

The fact Fitton said "excellent progress" has been made says something, I wouldnt beleive it if it came from the board. End of the day Fitton has shown he is smart, He is not a thick cunt and wont take people messing about, The board must have grovelled to him to go back as he said. They must be ready to do the deal under Fitton's terms or he wouldn't go back. He clearly stated that. The ball is clearly in Fittons court, Yes it is still a long shot but it is something...

Until the STFC board throw in another couple of last minute stipulations.

Get a fucking grip Gazza, you still think that some miracle man will come in and throw his money around?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: