Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Book and Robinson going  (Read 4538 times)
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 12:19:38 »

Radio Wiltshire reporting that both Steve Robinson and Steve Book won't be given new contracts.  Hardly a surprise.  Also saying that one 'unnamed' player also to be given the boot ...

Hope this isn't the extent of Kingy's cull ... needs to go deeper than this!!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 12:26:37 »

I'm sure they'll be plenty more leaving yet, not all out of choice.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 12:30:48 »

There's a few I'd like to see go - I suppose the trouble is that without depth in the squad you're never going to have competition for places, and you're going to get the problem of laziness and players thinking they'll never be dropped ... or at least not for long.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 13:01:03 »

Quote from: "Chris K"
Radio Wiltshire reporting that both Steve Robinson and Steve Book won't be given new contracts.  Hardly a surprise.  Also saying that one 'unnamed' player also to be given the boot ...
Hope this isn't the extent of Kingy's cull ... needs to go deeper than this!!

Get your money on Hewlett
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 14:05:01 »

Good luck to Turbo.

I'll never forget this goal....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/l15tfc/ox10.jpg

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 14:07:13 »

Yeah that was cracking that day!  Cheesy

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Asher

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 14:17:49 »

yeap a good day out!
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:14:48 »

says this on official site http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~651701,00.html

"There is no sentiment in football and I have to get on with things. Some of the players I am talking to have stuck by me through thick and thin but these things happen. We have to move on," finished King.

GET OUT HEWLETT HEYWOOD & DUKE!!
Turbo

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:18:30 »

i cant beleive Kings inability to seee how good Robinson is!  He is our only tackling midfeilder!  Possibly Garrrard too i suppose
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:32:58 »

i always thought he gave the ball away too much, but at least he won it back - unlike that poolett (spot the clever play on words)
kick_ass1987

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 16:32:35 »

I reckon the missing player is 1 of Duke, Hewlett or Igoe... I would like to see igoe stay even though i know a lot seem to be against him. personally i think probably 2 more will leave because they dont like the offer (Rhys but then again why would king let steve go if he thinks rhys wont sign, and either duke or Hewlett depending which 1 doesnt get offered a contract, but i think both of them will go someway)
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 16:40:18 »

I think it might be heywood??
It seems a bit more likely that rhys will be staying as he has said he does not want to unsettle his family who are living in swindon.

RED ARMY
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 16:55:26 »

Quote from: "Sade"
I think it might be heywood??
It seems a bit more likely that rhys will be staying as he has said he does not want to unsettle his family who are living in swindon.

Bloody hope not, Heywood is much better than Ifil.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 17:04:29 »

Turbo has been a fair servant to the club and if there was no intention to play him Kign should have let him go back to Notts County when he had the opportunity.

Past couples of seasons he’s been unlucky.  Pre-season and at the start of last year he looked superb in the right wing back role until he broke his leg.

Because of all the pissing about with formations this year he never seemed to get settled into any position or was given the opportunity.

Reeves as steady as he’s been get him of the wage bill for next season so we can bring in a younger replacement. He can always be registered and called upon if needs be.

Book is fair enough.  I’d rather chance a younger keeper on minimum wage than an older pro drawing a wage bill.  That said with the transfer window next season it’s going to have to be someone fairly capable of filling in otherwise we could end up with a monkey in the sticks for a few months.

I think were looking at Howard as the as the shock unnamed player.

Don’t read anything into what Calamity says but I get the impression that aside from the two players he mentions who won’t be getting what they want the other five will be on similar to what they are already on or not to far off.

Brilliant to at least see it getting sorted so early even if the results aren’t pleasant if it’s left to fester over the summer it only causes problems.

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 17:15:54 »

I don't think Robinson's done anything this year to warrant a new contract, he's done ok in the past but he's not a great player.

I think notts county pulled out of signing him as they weren't sure who was going to be manager but wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: