Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This board  (Read 3909 times)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:59:19 »

Never have had ANY intention of selling. They have just been stringing these potential buyers along.

Fitton has just spoken on brunel and again confirmed that he cannot get the deal done- as he cant line up all the ducks at one time. This must and has to mean only one individual......

Heaven help us if it comes to plan B- and we are stuck with these for another x years with no money and no prospects.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:01:05 »

I thought Fitton was out the country?!!?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:05:25 »

as did i,

technology these days eh.
sonic youth

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:08:46 »

knowing brunel it's probably an interview from last week or something.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:20:29 »

If that is true then i think we all know that this takeover won't happen, obviously i really hope it does but i do agree that the board do string along all the possible buyers, they don't want to leave that is obvious, they just won't sell this club, like i previously said in another thread we need to literally force them out it's the only way.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:23:59 »

He was in New York. It was the middle of the night over there.

Fair play to Brunel, they stopped everything to have the interview. Even David Bowie.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:26:36 »

What does he mean by Ducks tho?!?  :?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:29:13 »

Quote from: "Sippo"
What does he mean by Ducks tho?!?  :?

Mallards?
Sussex

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:29:04 »

Big Wills, Little Wills and Mikeypoos.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:40:31 »

Well, if it is a new statement from Fritton, then I wonder what Bob "duckie" Holt will have to say for himself.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:48:13 »

Gobby holt will no doubt say something today or tomorrow along the lines of the takeover has not hit any problems and it will be completed either on friday or next week.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:48:13 »

http://www.brunelfm.com/news/29802.html
Brunel FM - TAKEOVER TALKS STILL ONGOING

I didn't hear the interview but this is what Brunel are displaying on their website at the moment.

Not saying Bart got it wrong, cos he never does! but this doesn't look like Fitton's saying the deal is dead, does it?

It's All Good..............
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:52:05 »

Quote from: "herthab"
http://www.brunelfm.com/news/29802.html
Brunel FM - TAKEOVER TALKS STILL ONGOING

I didn't hear the interview but this is what Brunel are displaying on their website at the moment.

Not saying Bart got it wrong, cos he never does! but this doesn't look like Fitton's saying the deal is dead, does it?

Well that is quite a contrast to the original post.  :?  :?  :?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 15:54:51 »

DST_92 posted this on My Only and his reading/hearing of the interview doesn't agree with Brunel's panglossian take on the tale either...
----
Fitton was just on Brunel FM. He said he had dinner with SSW on wednesday, who insisted he should help choose a new manager. But as yet he has not put a penny in, and will refuse to do so until he is chairman.

He also said he hasnt been 'able to line up all the ducks at the same time'. Which I guess means SSW, James Wills and Diamandis agreeing to the same deal.

And he said the longer the deal goes on the more holes will be picked at it, and the less likely it will happen. He was hopefull it would be this week. But was at a total loss to say why it hadnt been completed already.
-----
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 17:00:29 »

Here are the highlights (I really should have been working for the last 20 mins instead of doing this but fuck it), interpret them however you see fit:

"I'm not sure anybody can ever give reassurance in these circumstances, but one of the problems is that deals can be difficult things to get across the finish line. To get all the issues sorted out - and there are a lot of issues here, make no mistake - is a bit of an art and takes a lot of effort. It's easy for people to get bored. It has been a more tortuous process than you might have hoped."

"Let me make this clear, the deal has to get done, something has to happen. It would be an absolute crime if the club stumbled on for another three months or six months. It would just be bad news for everbody. So the deal needs to get done, and there are a lot of people trying to make it happen, but for some reason it's proved difficult to get all the ducks in the same line."

To the question what is holding things up?
"We believe in doing things properly, and that's how we will do it. We will not come into this saying that we will sort out the details afterwards. I think that's been the problem with some of the historic deals: people coming in and saying, yes, we're keen to invest, then putting some money in and saying they'll sort out the details afterwards. Unfortunately, one of the things we're having to do is tidy up those situations now in order to get an aboslutely clean slate when we come in. We will run this club on a business-like and professional basis and we want to know what all the issues are, what all the problems are, so we can deal with them one by one over the first few weeks of ownership."

To the question are you looking at getting in done in a week if things go to plan:
"I think so, yes. A good deal is a quick deal, and there is a problem as these things drag on for a long time that people find more reasons not to do it than to do it, it becomes a negative environment. Nobody like things to drag on so at some point somebody has to make a decision: go. Otherwise it's too painful for everybody."

"I had a meeting with Sir Seton Wills on Monday evening and he was insistent that I should be in charge of recruiting a new manager because I would have to work with that person going forward. So I will be very involved in that process."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: