Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fan/Player/Manager/Board Interaction  (Read 1511 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 10:01:30 »

Call me a fag, and maybe its football depression clouding my judgement, but there doesn't seem to be any cohesion at Swindon Town.  Obviously, I cannot comment on Manager/Board interaction accurately, although there is no obvious cause for concern there.  However, King's relationship with some players is curious - seemingly inexplicable dropping of youngsters damaging confidence (Garrard, Nicholas?) and freezing out of the team (Robinson) having made an assumption they are surplus to requirements - surely Robinson would more use on the bench than Pook?

Then, and more ominously, I was disappointed in the way Parkin celebrated his penalty yesterday.  There was no acknowledgement of the fans, nothing to get them even more vocal and help us push on for a winner.  It seems to be a common theme of players ignoring fans when scoring for Swindon, yet when Walsall scored the winner even the substitutes were cheering with the fans!!  Away at Luton, Underwood having converted the penalty jumped up to the exec. boxes and gave a high five to some random fan.

We're missing the Mooney factor - the closest we have is Roberts.  The players are disinterested, it does not feel like they want it watching from the stands.  There is no desire.  In the first half, no one wore the captain's armband.  A small, minor gesture, but one that I think makes a difference.  

Whether this is the fault of the manager or not is debatable, but if it isn't, what else is there to do?  Bring in an entirely new squad?!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 11:28:02 »

Also notice how the bunch of usless fuckwits all went right down the tunnel at full time and only (as he does every week) Stef gave us fans who had to watch that shit any acknowledgment.....and the pain of the performance was clear on his face, he was as gutted as us....
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 12:27:49 »

yeah i noticed that, you'd think after playing crap and killing everyone's play-off hopes they'd feel they should acknowledge the fans. Smith did aswell, but only a quick clap to the arkells as he walked down the tunnel.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 12:37:32 »

Considering the fact they were booed off at half time and full time, and have had the fans on players backs all season - what do you expect?

what goes around, comes around.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 14:44:06 »

I think a lot of it is not getting paid on time. Some players have publicly said they're not happy about it and the rest clearly aren't happy either.

Thing is we don't pay huge wages, some of the team are on decent wages but not all of them, it's sure to affect player morale.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 15:07:08 »

Would have been better going down the route getting the PFA to stump up the cash short term.    The only down side is the negative publicity it tends to generate.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 10, 2005, 16:06:15 »

It isn't our fault the players haven't been paid?  Hell if we stopped turning up they'd be not paid more often!  Yes we've booed them and got on their backs, but that is the same at any club.  Last season at Kenilworth Road, the fans were not exactly pleasant towards their players.

If you are losing to a team near the bottom, you can but expected to be booed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: