Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player off in the Summer...  (Read 3117 times)
Dazzza

« on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 13:47:15 »

From Todays Adver...

ANDY KING has conceded that some of his stars are likely to be tempted away from Wiltshire by those better able to flex their financial muscles.

The manager has revealed that at least one unnamed player has already been sounded out about his future and although angered, King knows it is the way of the modern game.

With his playing budget diminishing by the year, he can only stretch so far when it comes to offering out-of-contract players with new deals.

King has had what he calls ‘discussions’ with some players but is realistic enough to see that not all will accept the deal on the table.

He said: “I think we might lose players in the summer. I might have to keep players I might otherwise not have done, I don’t know.

“Certain individuals that are made offers within my structure may not stay here.

“I’ve spoken to individuals and you hear rumours.

I’ve heard one particular player, who I think is a good player, has had people speak to him.

“You can’t stop illegal approaches, you can’t stop agents.

I’m sure the agents of those players who are out of contract are ringing around now.

If they’re made an offer that I can’t match and they’re over 24, I can’t do anything about it.”

Whatever the situation, the remaining six league matches are important in terms of securing employment, and the County Ground boss said: “They’re playing for their futures. If they’re not playing for their futures with Swindon Town other people are watching at the moment.

“It’s a very important time for footballers.

“There’s no money in football outside the Premiership.

“You wouldn’t believe the calls I’ve had from people I’ve never heard of or spoken to about the Mick Harford job.

“It’s a wicked, wild game out there at the moment.

“Not one of my players will be able to retire after his football career, that’s for sure.”

As for today’s match with Walsall, a formation change is likely.

Manager and players had a discussion following the Hartlepool defeat, with certain individuals expressing a desire to adopt a different role.

King has granted their wish but they’d better succeed, or else.

He said: “Certain players felt they weren’t playing in the position that they felt was beneficial to them so I may look at it.

“If I change it they’ve then got no argument or no excuses.”

As for the remainder of the campaign King said: “We have to win both home games this week.

“At the moment I won’t give up on the dream.”

Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 13:54:04 »

Rated by King.
Out of Contract
Over 24 in the summer

Any guesses?

Duke, Smith, Hewlett, Igoe, Migs, Heywood?

Going to say I think it has to be Smith or possibly Igoe.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 16:41:52 »

I pray to god its that usless chap called Hewlett....
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 16:47:59 »

It sounded on the radio that it's likely that Evans is off. Crying

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 16:54:51 »

Yeah I think Evans is 95% sure to be gone, as I said before he has a family and he's likely to want a move to somewhere he knows when he's next going to be paid.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 18:57:14 »

shame though as he's from swindon but yeh i can see him going. hopefully we can keep hold of smith for next season as he seems like he could be the only decent new thing to come from this season who could be here next season!
Dazzza

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 19:01:39 »

He's not 24 until next January.

Bit of compensation on the way if he does one.

McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 08:15:47 »

Hewlett has to go. He is fucking shocking.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 08:20:25 »

I was speaking to a close friend of Rhys' on Friday, he said Rhys recently turned down a  new contract, which is why he was dropped the other week.  He's had a couple of offers from Championship sides and is weighing up his options.  So long Mr Evans.
Asher

« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 08:32:34 »

Yeah im mates with Rhys and king has said stuff to him that has made him look a fool!
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 08:52:56 »

Quote from: "Asher"
Yeah im mates with Rhys and king has said stuff to him that has made him look a fool!

like?

y wings are like a shield of steel!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 09:16:44 »

Evans makes himself look stupid,there are plenty of average keepers out there if he wants out then let him go.

/
W56196272
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 09:18:20 »

Coudn't believe Joachim beat Rhys from that angle on Saturday....   :shock:
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 09:22:33 »

I know, it was shocking keeping!  Persoanlly i don't rate him particularly highly anyway!  Yes he is a good shot stopper, but then again most keepers are surely!   His kicking is atrocious at best.  I would not be gutted if he went!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Asher

« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 09:36:46 »

Kings words 'I spoke about you to my mum on saturday and she said I should reinstate you'  and 'im dropping you for this game due to the mistakes but your back next week' rhys 'why put me back in' king ' it will make the fans happy I dropped you for one game thats all'

worst one 'your a bit like me son'

Think that was the final nail in the coffin!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: