Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Ling!!  (Read 1395 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 21:34:59 »

Did he get a good reception Tuesday night? I hope so.

That's all.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 21:50:22 »

He didn't get much of a reception, but he didn't get any stick.

His team seems to play the way we did under Ardiles and Hoddle: ball played on the ground and to feet.

I hope he goes a long way as a manager.............

It's All Good..............
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 22:28:37 »

The thing I remember most about Lingy was the documentary about the promotion season and him getting massively embarrased when asked to explain why the players kiss and cuddle after a goal is scored - classic stuff.  I wish him all the best, tried his bloody guts out for us
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 22:33:24 »

I hope he has a long and successful career.  Rumour has it he used to just pull up his car at talk of teh town and get his hair cut while everyone was beeping! Quality

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 22:37:24 »

Well thats quite some rumour Bushey.

The TEF would like to point out that  Bushey is solely responsible for the above post should Martin Ling wish to litigate.

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 22:52:25 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
I hope he has a long and successful career.  Rumour has it he used to just pull up his car at talk of teh town and get his hair cut while everyone was beeping! Quality

A bit like you do then.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 00:05:26 »

Except Bushey does that outside St Tropez
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 07:35:14 »

Not rumour, tis fact, as it was me who posted it up, having seen it happen.

Devizes Road isn't the quietest.

Also, I recently saw Christian Roberts trying to cross the top of Vic Road by Fabio's, wandering about by the mini roundabout.....this was an exact remake of the classic Peter Thorne, dodging cars and vaulting the barrier situation of earlier years.   What have they got against using the bleepers?
Lumps

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 07:58:22 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Also, I recently saw Christian Roberts trying to cross the top of Vic Road by Fabio's, wandering about by the mini roundabout.....this was an exact remake of the classic Peter Thorne, dodging cars and vaulting the barrier situation of earlier years.   What have they got against using the bleepers?

And as all Swindon fans old enough to have been out drinking on the night of the play off final victory against Leicester, it's a fucking dangerous bit of road to try to cross when drunk.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 09:19:47 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

It's part of their training - if they can dodge all the cars with a subtle drop of the shoulder then they can beat a full back...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 19:05:07 »

I saw Orient play last season and I remarked to my O's supporting chum how much they reminded me of STFC circa 1992/93. They were damned good to watch. I'm glad to see Hearn's stuck with Lingy as they did go through a pretty rough patch last season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: