Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nicky Summerbee  (Read 2106 times)
Dazzza

« on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 12:06:31 »

Released by Bratford by mutual consent.

One to look at in the summer or past it now at 33?

May be usful enough on the left if you ask me and provide a bit of experience and grit to the side in the push for the playoffs.

Usually weighs in with a couple of goals from midfield which would be a welcome addition with SP going.

Nothing more than a season at best though and he's going to be taking a decent pay cut.  Shows he's commited and hungry if anything.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 12:09:28 »

Not a good idea.

All the evidence suggests if you get a player back, it only works if they come back fairly swiftly eg Bodin, Quinn........them that are long gone eg King, Kerslake never seems to work.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 12:11:56 »

I used to love Summerbee in the premiership, he was quality.  And when hoddle used to ping those cross field balls out to him.

Not sure if i would want him now but he may be worth a go!  Only if he came nice and cheap though and on a one year deal!  Maybe a trial could be good!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 12:47:45 »

Used to be a bit of a piss head didn't he?  Talking of which a friend of mine told me that a certain Mr Howard is regularly seen out on the piss on Thursdays down in Eastleigh, which is pretty interesting.

Back to Buzzer though, I'd love to see him back in a Town shirt just for old times sake.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 13:20:50 »

Nope lets look forward not back.

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 13:34:40 »

If Bradford don't want him why would we??

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 13:34:59 »

I dont think it would be a case of looking back persay, he was after all a member of technically our most successful squad ever.  

Given our current status I'd consider it looking forward if we were to sign him, OK he's 33, but many on here have been saying we should sign Goater, who is older.

I'm sure most of us would see it as a positive - one of the best crossers of a ball in the last 12/13 years in English football, can hit a ball hard (remember Record Breakers) and, more importantly, better than Igoe on the right.

He was a bit of a boozer, but aren't we all sometimes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 13:47:12 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
I dont think it would be a case of looking back persay, he was after all a member of technically our most successful squad ever.  

Given our current status I'd consider it looking forward if we were to sign him, OK he's 33, but many on here have been saying we should sign Goater, who is older.

I'm sure most of us would see it as a positive - one of the best crossers of a ball in the last 12/13 years in English football, can hit a ball hard (remember Record Breakers) and, more importantly, better than Igoe on the right.

He was a bit of a boozer, but aren't we all sometimes.

I know you're kinky, but who on here has ever said we should sign The Goat,  (unless it was DMR).....can you provide some evidence...although Summerbee could strike a ball hard he couldn't get it off a straight line, which tends to  render it a bit pointless.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 13:54:32 »

Evidence of Goat(er) Baiting

I don't want him though.

http://thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1317&highlight=goater

http://thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1571&highlight=goater

http://thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2125&highlight=goater

http://thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=771&highlight=goater
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 14:08:22 »

I take it all back and DMR is not one of them then......Walrus however has just lost a vote in the who knows more about football poll.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 14:47:25 »

Summerbee cannot play on the left can he, or is my memory failing me?  Nevertheless I would prefer him to Igoe (31 next season?) on the right, and both similar in age.  However, as Reg says player's second spells at a club are rarely as successful.  

I have always been a big fan of Shaun Goater, but because of the style of his game, his age is not such a hinderance and I think he could do good job for Swindon and would be a fabulous partner for Sam Parkin.  However, his salary would be a stumbling block, and it's a pipe dream, and he has very few years left him, but I'd love to see past-it legends in a Swindon shirt.

Neil Ruddock did alright didn't he......

I'll get my coat.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 8, 2005, 20:10:16 »

We need a right winger because we havent got one, and Igoe is shit....

He got alot of expirence and has played at the highest level plus I think he left Bradford due some fans seriously getting on his back for some reason

Id take Summerbee over Igoe on the right wing any day of my lifetime
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: