Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: transfer embargo  (Read 8685 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 16:49:16 »

To be honest, as we are trying to offload 8 players on loan it really isn't an issue, unless of course the embargo stops outgoings. But that would be proper stupid but not inconceivable.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 16:52:48 »

Quote from: "Batch"
To be honest, as we are trying to offload 8 players on loan it really isn't an issue, unless of course the embargo stops outgoings. But that would be proper stupid but not inconceivable.

Except that it further highlights to a wider audience what a joke of a football club we are.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 17:14:59 »

I'm 99% sure it does not effect outgoing just incoming as you would have to have the money to pay incoming which we clearly haven't

Although no one seems interested in the players we want to get out of here at the moment
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 17:31:22 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
does this effect outgoings?

No it doesnt Sonic, according to league rules it only applies to incoming transfers, the outgoing transfers are unnaffected by any embargo.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 17:33:53 »

Quote from: "thepeoplesgame"

Except that it further highlights to a wider audience what a joke of a football club we are.

If in recent week
- not paying 25K owed to Cheltenham,
- not paying the wages on time
- having litigation threatened or action by investor(s)
- releasing an incompitant hash of a statement

doesn't make people realise that, then I'm not sure the transfer emabrgo will Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 17:39:22 »

You know what? I reckon this could lead onto a points deduction.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 17:43:22 »

I think it will lead to expulsion.

We will be playing in the Swindon and District league this time next week.

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 18:54:22 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
You know what? I reckon this could lead onto a points deduction.

That is comedy genius Benji
flammableBen

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 19:40:09 »

Either you're being a Sarcastic Monkey or I love you Fred. Or Both.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 19:52:21 »

Not sarcasm at all mate

just loved the way you picked up on the other thread
thalidomideBen

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2007, 20:06:39 »

Then I double love you babe.
Dazzza

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 10:02:11 »

I must admit Andrew Fitton is certainly ticking the right boxes at the moment.  His comments in the Adver this morning paint the picture that he’s not going to be fucked about or suckered in to bailing out the incompetent’s ability not to pay the bills.

The only downside is that I can see the whole takeover dragging out beyond Christmas.  I can’t see anyone agreeing to the sort of terms that Best put on the table and I don’t see the existing board lowering their sites on what return they’re going to get either.

Meh, all the same it’s refreshing to hear even a little common sense.

Sturrock hopes talks between prospective buyer Andrew Fitton and the current owners will clear these debts but club officials fear the green light for new signings won't be given until the takeover goes ahead.

However, Fitton insists the the situation is "not our problem" claiming until the takeover is concluded it is up to the current owners to deal with any immediate debts.

He said: "It is nothing to do with us. It is up to the existing owners to sort out the transfer embargo and get Swindon out of this situation.

"I am 100 per cent behind Paul Sturrock but it is not our problem until it is our problem.
"Everyone is continuing to work hard to come to a conclusion but like I said before this is not the work of a moment. We need so sort this out once and for all."

Meanwhile a crippling defensive injury crisis has left the Town boss with a threadbare squad ahead of Saturday's visit of Doncaster and the Leyton Orient clash on Tuesday.

Jamie Vincent, Jack Smith and Ady Williams have already been ruled out for the weekend, and with Jerel Ifil and Phil Smith also doubtful, Sturrock is praying for a quick conclusion to the latest financial woe.

With Fitton's consortium expecting to receive reports from the lawyers in the next couple of days, after a period of going through the club's books, the takeover is still some way off, but Sturrock is hopeful the necessary bills can be paid in the meantime.

STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 10:23:21 »

Too right it is the current owners problem. They are the ones who have witheld the fans ticket monies from the other clubs.

I am awaiting to hear that the embargo is the trust/Paul Davis/Bill Power/Mike Wilkes/The fans fault
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 10:55:26 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"
Too right it is the current owners problem. They are the ones who have witheld the fans ticket monies from the other clubs.

I am awaiting to hear that the embargo is the trust/Paul Davis/Bill Power/Mike Wilkes/The fans fault

Shocked

THE Swindon Advertiser can today exclusively reveal Swindon Town supremo Mike Diamandis is laying the blame of the current transfer embargo firmly with STFC Bart.

Read more...

STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2007, 11:08:56 »

:)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: