Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Getting CCTV via the Data Protection Act  (Read 2571 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 14:59:30 »

Ive told STFC I will be writing to them to get a copy of the CCTV footage they hold of me to see what it contains from the Cheltenham game.

I believe im legally entitled to this footage? anyone know the ins and outs of doing this?Is it simply a case of writing a registered letter? and how quickly do they have to send it to me?

/
W56196272
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 15:01:38 »

Have they told you why you are suspended yet Yeovil?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 15:02:25 »

No

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 15:05:51 »

Yes, I believe you can.

You'll need to put it in writing to the club, requesting a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act (1998). This entitles you to all personal data the club hold about you. They can make a maximum charge of £10 by law, if they try and charge you more or refuse to even acknowledge your request then threaten them with the Information Commissioner.

I've checked and the club are registered as a Data Controller for Crime Prevention and Prosecution of Offenders and specifically stipulates:

Purpose 5
Crime Prevention and Prosecution of Offenders
Purpose Description:

Crime prevention and detection and the apprehension and prosecution of offenders.

Data Controllers further description of Purpose:

INCLUDES USE OF CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEVISION FOR THE MONITORING AND COLLECTION
OF SOUND AND/OR VISUAL IMAGES FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAINTAINING THE SECURITY
OF PREMISES, FOR PREVENTING CRIME AND INVESTIGATING CRIME.

Data subjects are:

Customers and clients
Offenders and suspected offenders

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
THOSE INSIDE, ENTERING OR IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF THE AREA UNDER SURVEILLAN

Data classes are:

Personal Details
Goods or Services Provided
Offences (Including Alleged Offences)
Criminal Proceedings, Outcomes And Sentences.

SOUND AND/OR VISUAL IMAGES
PERSONAL APPEARANCE AND BEHAVIOUR

Sources (S) and Disclosures (D)(1984 Act). Recipients (1998 Act):

SECURITY ORGANISATIONS

Data subjects themselves
Business associates and other professional advisers
Employees and agents of the data controller
Suppliers, providers of goods or services
Persons making an enquiry or complaint
Police forces

The bits I've highlighted bold mean you're entitled to a copy of the CCTV footage.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 15:42:29 »

Mark Thomas Comedy Product used to do this kind of stuff, write to places to get all the information they held on him, they are legally obliged to let you have copies of any footage they hold of you.  Although nit sure how they manage to do this.
dell boy

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 15:42:59 »

Yeovil, everything you ever needed to know about CCTV Data Protection
Bit long winded but it does give your rights about viewing, how you should obtain and the time period you have in obtaining data.
http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/dp98cop.doc

Look at pages 16, 17 and 18
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 25, 2007, 15:46:15 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Mark Thomas Comedy Product used to do this kind of stuff, write to places to get all the information they held on him, they are legally obliged to let you have copies of any footage they hold of you.  Although nit sure how they manage to do this.

Him in action on youtube
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 26, 2007, 10:37:27 »

It's a bit like when reclaiming bank charges. You can ask the bank for copy statements going back years & they'll charge you £5 a pop, or you write to the Data protection controller & get the lot for £10.

From the Dark Side
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 26, 2007, 14:53:07 »

That used to be ace, bring it back i say.
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 26, 2007, 14:57:36 »

Send them a tape and £10. Ask them to let you know they got the £10/Tape. Then they HAVE to give you the CCTV. Either that or admit there isnt any.

I thought about getting CCTV of the Town End after Fallon scored the overhead kick, but my mate (WHEELER off here) says there isnt any CCTV in operation at the CG at the moment.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 26, 2007, 15:48:32 »

Quote from: "Spud"

That used to be ace, bring it back i say.

I used to love it when he used to ring up some toffs and try ask them if he could come to their house and look at some paintings.  As they always register them open to public viewing for tax reasons, but none of them ever really put them on display.

So he'd turn up telling them he wants to see some painting and really pissed the posh geezers off.

Also when he flew in a hot air balloon over some military site, that was a good one too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: